Left our mini fridge outside to defrost the freezer, now its wet from the morning dew.. is it ruined?

So I got this mini fridge from my work that closed down and the freezer was wayy frozen over. I decided to leave it outside on our covered porch since I knew it would be close to 60 degrees today. Now its all wet from the morning dew and im worried that maybe its ruined. Theres still more defrosting to do so I wont be able to try it until later. Thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jan. 29, 2013 in Technology

• You're worried because it could be rusted from the dew- the innards? I am thinking that refrigerators are around a lot of liquid, so surely they make them to withstand moisture. And it wasn't for days, just overnight. I'd probably take a hair dryer and try to dry out as many of the coils as you can reach. It might not be a bad idea to call the manufacturer and get their opinion.

Answer by Bmat at 10:21 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• PS- I wouldn't plug it in while you are trying to dry the coils, and I'd be cautious about plugging it in anyway. Ask the manufacturer- chances are it is fine.

Answer by Bmat at 10:23 AM on Jan. 29, 2013

• it should be fine
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:08 AM on Jan. 29, 2013