What do you say to someone who says If your a woman and you don't know how to cook you suck

It is a woman saying it and my man also thinks that I think, I dont want to say something rude or that makes it look like I'm angry just something clever and maybe makes her look stupid for saying such a stupid comment. Any smart combacks, but not ones that will make her not like me shes a friend.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2013 in Relationships

• Can you cook? Did she say it you can't cook you suck at it, just like that? I would most likely say don't come for dinner anymore.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 12:10 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I'd say one way or another, at least I'm pleasing my man.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Yeah, whatever. I suck at cooking. So what? My husband enjoys cooking, and he's good at it. I'm good at other things.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Learn to cook. I mean at least some basics. You don't need to know how to make fillet minion or a rack of lamb but dang you should at least be able to make some spaghetti or macaroni, or boil water, or make scrambled eggs. Sorry but I think cooking is a basic skill EVERYBODY should have, same with knowing how to do laundry, regardless of gender. It's really a survival skill.

Now if your cooking just sucks well, she doesn't need to come for dinner

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• As far as the smart comebacks, I would probably say "You're right, but he would rather I suck than cook anyway."
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:18 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• She is saying you suck because you don't know how to cook? Frankly, I would wonder how much of a "friend" she is after that comment. Obviously she is saying this to make herself seem superior to you. The only thing I would tell her is to piss off.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• ^^^What Julie said or "He's not with me for my cooking...if you know what I mean!"
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• well isn't that sexist. I know some guys that are way better cooks then most women.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:21 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I think every adult should be able to at least cook themselves a meal. It doesn't have to be anything extravagant, but even my 11 year old can feed himself without resorting to cold cuts and bread.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• You could say "Well unfortunately I wasn't taught to cook when I was younger and I do my best thats is what matters" now fuck off! lol...
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 29, 2013