* 4 cups water
* 4 cups broccoli florets
* 2 tablespoons margarine
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 large stalk celery, chopped
* 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
* 2 1/2 cups whole milk
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1. In a pot, add water and broccoli florets and bring to boil; reduce heat and cook for about 3 minutes. Drain, reserving all of the water.
2. In a blender, process half the cooked broccoli until fairly smooth. Chop remaining broccoli and set aside.
3. In a heavy-bottomed cooking pot, melt butter, dd onion and celery and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes until soft. Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add reserved water and chicken bouillon granules, and bring to boil, stirring constantly. Reduc
at 4:55 AM on Feb. 16, 2009