I have a 7 month old and he wont sleep for more than 4 hour at night any tips?

please help!

DCPreston

Asked by DCPreston at 10:36 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• "sleeping through the night" is 5 hours according to the AAP.

Your baby is doing VERY well for his age. Babies aren't made to sleep like adults.

I recommend The No Cry Sleep Solution by Elisabeth Pantley. It's a great book.

My daughter who is 20 months is just now starting to sleep 4 hour stretches, but she is a rare case, most kids by her age sleep way better, but you get my drift.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 10:56 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• what does he do when he wakes up? Does he just lay ther? cry? hungry? Gassy?
    cristie1276

Answer by cristie1276 at 10:41 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• he cries...and i feed him and he goes back to sleep. ive tried to hold him and get him to go back to sleep but that only works sometimes and only for a little bit.
    DCPreston

Answer by DCPreston at 10:43 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• O man! I hear ya!! I have a 5month old doin the same! Only sometimes is 3hrs! UGH!! It SUX!!! So if anyone DOES have some good tips!! TELL US! lol N It really sux cuz mine goes to bed at around 9 n wakes at 8. But I don't usually go ta bed that early, then once i do he wakes to eat n I end up with like NOOO sleep!! So I feel ya on this one!!!
    kylie_2008

Answer by kylie_2008 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• there are no tips. babies are supposed to nurse on demand. when they wake up hungry, you feed them. that's how it goes til they're ready to stop.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:47 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• oh and i forgot to say he is formula fed but i usually give him something with cereal in it before he goes to bed because thats the only way he sleeps that long
    DCPreston

Answer by DCPreston at 10:51 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• I agree with jus1jess. Its just something that babies do, even toddlers go through stages like this.

BUT, I will pass along a tip. My children sleep better and more sound with a little "white" noise. A noisy fan does the trick. I even sleep better when its going ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:52 PM on Feb. 13, 2009