Do you enjoy making people uncomfortable?

Some people are fond of saying answers is all just a game, and nothing that happens here matters. When you are in answers, do you like to make people feel like they have to walk on eggshells or have to mistrust everything they read? Is one person's fun all that matters, regardless of the impact it might have on anyone else using the site (in video games, it's known as griefing, where one person does something to make the situation unpleasant for everyone else, with no regard for anyone or anything but themselves and their own fun)?

Do you tend to stay away from answers more when the fake anons, fake accts and people pretending to know all about drama that doesn't actually exist start in?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 1:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2013 in About CafeMom

• That involves way too much effort. If it starts to get stupid in here, I just leave and come back.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:21 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• yes actually, as soon as I see there is drama going on or a bunch of Anon questions that are either blatantly to start drama or are gross/stupid/WAY TMI then I just close CM and go play somewhere else. I can't stand griefing in my game (WoW) either and will report it.
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 1:22 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Griefing is exactly what it is......I wish that thought would have occurred to me. I will watch this thread because I'm genuinely curious to see the answers.

I don't tend to stay away from Answers (and I'm not on that often anymore anyway) when the silliness abounds but the mean spirited crap that has been endemic for the last couple of weeks is really pretty off putting.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:23 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I saw the ultimate in disgusting drama-hungry Anon trolls on here last night. Hopefully, most of you missed it because the question got deleted almost immediately, but it was the most despicable post I'd ever seen, about a mom who hated her mentally handicapped child and wanted to put "the thing" up for adoption. There was a lot more in it that doesn't need repeating, I guess.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:23 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Ok that was a NO to the title question and a yes to your second question, just to make myself clear lol :P
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 1:23 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• At least in WoW you can report griefing and someone, every now and again, does something about it
    Mrs_Prissy

• No to making others feel bad. Considering how impersonal the internet is, I do avoid most Anon. PS I do not have the anon option.
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I'm completely myself in here. I treat people like I would IRL. I don't lie or make up stuff: no fake personas, etc. Because A.) it's not in my nature and, B.) I'm too lazy for that.

Really, it depends on my mood. i really don't like to get involved in drama but, if I feel someone's being picked on or targeted, or if I know someone is intentionally trying to fool others, then I just can't help but, get involved. I guess it's a Libra thing: I can't stand injustice.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:29 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• No, I don't but I do see that sometimes people try to make someone feel bad, I disagree with alot of things that people say in one post, and the next one agree with them 100%. Some anon questions are amusing, others like the lady who said she didn't believe in aut/asperger's is just plain evil.
    I think that people tend to hold grudges sometimes, and that is silly, So, I didn't like your answer to my food question? I don't care, I might like the next one, KWIM?
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 1:35 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• While I don't view Answers as a game per se, I don't tend to take anything on here too seriously. I'm not here enough to witness any of the really wild drama, which seems to happen more in the evenings, but I don't believe I do anything here to make others uncomfortable, nor do I let anyone upset me.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2013