What are the least unhealthy processed foods?

I'm losing weight and eating cleaner, but my busy schedule means a frozen meal or can of soup at work a couple times a week. What are the best options?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Jan. 29, 2013 in Food & Drink

• make soup and bring it to work
    frozen meal = fresh frozen veg with a side of sandwich from home
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• lean cuisine or as daylily said make your own and bring it. You can freeze almost anything and warm it up!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 1:28 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• There is no such thing, really - they all have more salt and chemicals in them, feature more fat and carbs than vegetables or lean meat. In terms of nutritional value, some of the Amy's are better simply because they are vegetarian, and generally the meat used in frozen & soup is the lowest quality scraps, but it still has a salt issue. They're also very expensive, though you can find coupons for them occasionally.

The better option is to do what daylily said and make your own things to freeze and reheat. Take some time on the weekend to do meals ahead and freeze them so they're ready, or just make a big batch of soup or stew to take with through the week.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:31 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Salad. Leain Cuisine

Answer by louise2 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I'd have to agree with louise. A salad is pretty easy to prepare and bring along to work or whatever. All of the dinners have high sodium. I was going to suggest also Smart One's. But they aren't without fault.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I haven't had a chance to compare it to others, but Campbell's has a new "natural" line of soups out - maybe check them out? Otherwise yeah, like others said, it would be healthier to make a pot of soup or casserole on the weekend and freeze it in single serving containers.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 2:34 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I like Kashi steamer bags. The spinach artichoke is one of my favorite foods.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Amys Organic Meals or Kashi
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:05 AM on Jan. 30, 2013