AHHH!!!! AVEENO/ JOHNSON & JOHNSON??!! HARMFUL?

I am so upset. i had no idea aveeno and johnson & johnson is harmful for babies. I have literally A STACK of aveeno baby wash and lotions and a few bottles of johnson & johnson wash and lotions that i planned to use once my baby got older when we ran out of aveeno, but now i'm hearing all these bad things and i would hate for all this money to go to waste. I'm scared to wash her and lotion her now. The Aveeno Moisturizing Wash and Lotion has helped her eczema so much though :-( My baby is at a risk of cancer if I keep using these products? Seriously??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Jan. 29, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use Aveeno for my eczema... I hate using it because of the chemicals, but the eczema/dry skin is so uncomfortable. I found a natural lotion that works great in the summer months (when dry skin conditions like eczema are at bay), but I have yet to find a suitable moisturizer for the winter.... trust me, I'm trying!
    I found a balm (All Good Goop) that works great, but it's a smaller jar... speaking of which, I need to try to google it and see if it comes bigger. It works GREAT!
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Not to be snooty and all, but us older folk have been using that stuff for centuries... our children are all just fine. Girls grew up and now have even used it on their kids. All this stuff they come up with to scare people.... We shouldn't even be stepping out of our door..... LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Everything causes cancer. Seriously. I wouldn't stress ov it.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 2:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• we will be at risk of cancer for breathing, people need to calm down. Every product out there that is not completely natural is going to be said to have a risl of cancer or something else.

As of August 2012, J&J removed the chemicals by 2013   http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/16/business/johnson-johnson-to-remove-formaldehyde-from-products.html?_r=0

This applies to their Aveeno products as well

Research and read the Labels before you buy anything else, many childrens bath products contain chemicals that "could" put youat risk.

luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 2:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Calm down. There have been no outbreaks of cancer from many years of people using the products in their previous formulations. Every time you put your child in the car, they're at a much greater risk.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:27 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Ditto SWasson, your kids are in danger every time they leave your house, heck even when they DON'T leave your house, I would think children's baby wash and lotion are a much lower danger! My dd also has excema and the Aveeno lotion was recommended by her doctor so I don't worry about what it could or couldn't do in the long run, it works NOW and that is what matters. Although I would love to look into something all natural also, so thanks for the heads up Daylily!
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 2:46 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Seriously? I never knew that, been using the stuff for years, used it on my kids as well...I am sure that if it's true all of the US will be in trouble because we ALL use it one way or another! I found one GREAT product that I swear by now and it's the Gold Bond lotions! OMG, the best stuff for dry skin EVER! And of course my old faithful is Nivea hands down!
    madmueller

Answer by madmueller at 2:56 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• please cite your source
    Anonymous

• I use Aveeno on my hands because of my eczema but I think it is like something they have to put on all products that have had one in like a million chance in getting it. On the plus side you can always use baby magic. That is my absoulutly favorite!
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 12:06 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Johnsons uses certain stuff in their american products that have been banned in Europe, i dont use american products because of that. I have no idea whats in aveeno because its not sold here anymore so i cant say anything about that.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 7:20 PM on Jan. 30, 2013