When was the last time you spent an entire day washing laundry?

Holy HELL!!! I just can not seem to get control of the laundry in my house. I have three boys but untold amounts of laundry. UGH! I have already washed three loads and have at least five loads left. And my dryer sucks! It takes an hour and a half to dry one load. I can't wait for summer so I can hang the clothes out on the line.

Any tips to getting my laundry down to a manageable number of loads a week?

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 2:04 PM on Jan. 29, 2013 in Home & Garden

• yesterday haha. i only do laundry on Monday...4-5 loads. if i had 3 boys probably just do a load a day...thats a lot!

Answer by okmanders at 2:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• When I had children at home, or when I have volunteered to do daughter's laundry for her and the kids. It's been a while. Thank God she finally got her own washer and dryer. LOL!

Answer by m-avi at 2:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I have 5 kids. If I don't do at least 2 loads a day I get behind!

Answer by missanc at 2:07 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Sounds like you need a new Dryer.

Answer by louise2 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• When I see the load is big, I will do a load a day until I get caught up....but I don't think I have ever spend a whole day doing it...

Answer by older at 2:10 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I did a ton of laundry on Sunday. Bleh.

Have you deep cleaned your dryer lint trap area with a long brush or vacuumed out the back recently? That could be why stuff is taking so long to dry. A lot of dryers automatically lower temp if they are getting clogged to reduce the chance of fire. That might move things along.

Also, depending on age, you've got to get those boys involved with doing the laundry! If anything it will cut down on the, "I don't want to hang this back up" laundry. lol

Answer by tessiedawg at 2:11 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• A week ago last Sunday. It's only three of us, sometimes four, but I got caught up on all the sheets and towels, throw blankets, etc.

Could your dryer be clogged with lint? Not in the trap, which most people know to check, but in the vent pipe? That can slow a machine way down and alsomake it a fire hazard.

Answer by Ballad at 2:12 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• It is only a year old, but it is a apartment size and has always taken 90minutes a load to dry clothes. it stinks! I do have to do the lint trap deep clean. thanks for reminding me.

Comment by SleepingBeautee (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• usually every sunday

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• About 2 1/2 weeks ago. I swear I washed everything in my apt.

Answer by 3libras at 2:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2013