Do you believe in a higher power? Do you believe in Jesus,that he watches over you? Please tell me why, you believe?

simple smileI am interested in hearing from everyone. Do you believe, or do you not believe...or are you in some where in the middle of not knowing? If you do believe in the lord, please tell me any experiences, or any reasons why you know for sure. Im not talking about just having faith. Im talking about something you cant explain fully, but please try and tell me your experience anyway. I am interested.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• Nope. I've never experienced any evidence of a deity whatsoever.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:06 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• When my first son was born, he had difficulties, and there was talk of transporting him to another hospital in another city. We couldn't reach our minister until very late, and he came right over to the hospital. I asked him to baptize the baby, but he said let's hold off on that and we prayed. The next morning, only a few hours later, the baby was perfectly fine.

Answer by Bmat at 5:10 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I"ve never believed in a higher "being". I am, however very spiritual. I feel more connected to the natural world around me....the energy that is around us at all times.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:14 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Yes, I believe w/ all my heart & soul. I was raised in the Lutheran faith, but do not attend church regularly. I don't think God takes attendance, nor do I think He lets you buy your way into Heaven. Everyone's relationship w/ God, or their higher power is a very personal one. I talk to God any time I want, no matter where I am. I have prayed for strength during difficult times & have felt a sense of comfort afterward. Someday when I finish writing the story of my grandparents life & love for each other, it will fully explain the epiphany I had after losing them. It's too long to include here, but let's just say, after their passing, I no longer feared death & it renewed or strengthened my faith beyond words. When I think of the beauty & awe that comes from believing I am overwhelmed with emotion.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• When you say energy around you, what are you referring to? So you do feel something around you?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I do believe in Jesus adn God, WHY? I have blind faith that there is a God
    no proof, I could say look at this or that but in the end I cant prove it so its Faith in a belief
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 5:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I ask this because I was at a point the other night where I broke down, and had a nervous break down. I wanted to die, literally. I thought about it, and right now sitting here writing it....I cant believe how much pain I was in. I honestly wanted to end life all together. I cursed at god...and said I dont believe anymore! that if there was a "GOD" he wouldnt have let me suffer my whole life with out a break. I wouldnt always cry, be alone, loose everything, etc. I lost my job two months ago and my electricity was shut off, and me and the kids were freezing. I was on the edge of being evicted, and had no where to turn. I lost my mind the other night. I said, if there is a god...he must hate me! Well, the next day I got a phone call with someone that would help me pay the electric bill, pay my rent for me, and then two hours later I got a phone call from this job that I have been wanting so bad! How do I explain that?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:20 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I have experienced several. I am a believer.
    I am not going into my stories on here however. and I crtainly would not disclose this to an anon. Sorry.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:36 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• umm...ok?? Then why even come on here with your negative attitude. Maybe I am anon because I am telling a personal story if you look above. Wow. some of you on here are something else. Get over yourself.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I feel the energy....like when the wind blows. Or the sun on my face....it's all the same energy that we all share. It began with the start of our universe.
    We are all connected by this energy. I feel like it's a web....what one does, effects all of us.
    Yes, I feel the energy. We all can if we only stand still long enough and open ourselves up to it. It's kind of like when my cats start racing around the house when we are preparing for a party or packing bags to leave. They sense the excited energy in the air and react to it.
    We all feel that energy in our lives.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 29, 2013