This woman is going to be retiring after 44 years without taking ANY sick time?

Do you think you could do this?

Postal Worker Retires

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 5:45 PM on Jan. 29, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow! That's amazing. I can't imagine being able to do that. Sometimes if I have to take off it's not for me but for my kids. Good for her! :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I could not, I am a constant sickie
    hubs went almost 28 years without then had a heart attack
    thank goodness too because he had tons of time built up, and them with Short term Dis
    he really didnt loose too much money ( some but not a ton)
    and he still had sick time left so it came in handy when I got sick
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 5:49 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I don't take sick time unless I get sick so if I never got sick yes I could do it. But I couldn't go 44 years without using vacation days!!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• No. That's part of the reason I'm self-employed. I set my own hours as my health and responsibilities dictate. No sick pay, though.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:31 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I do not miss any sick days from work but will use my annual leave time to take days off.
    Not sure I want to stay at my job 44 years.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 5:54 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I never took any sick days when I was working either. Just too much drama to replace myself at work and when you freelance, sometimes people who take sick time aren't hired again. Oh and work, no pay.

Why you would want to drag yourself to work sick if you had paid sick time, I can not say.

Although, at least she got a 5% raise on her pension because of her unused sick time.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Hasn't she ever heard of mental health days?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• * no work, no pay
    tessiedawg

• This is like the kid that goes from K to 5th and misses NO days. Do you believe for a minute they were not ever sick? Or is it more likely they were sick ,brought it where you were (or your child), and go them sick? I don't find that impressive, it ticks me off! Great so you brought the stomach bug to work/school now it's sweeping MY house, and that's oh so much fun when me and my 4 yr old are puking or other fun stuff at the same time. I am very impressed with the working one place for 44 years! That is quite a show of loyalty!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 29, 2013