So I have lost 2 pants sizes since September... is it so much to ask...

that SOMEONE notice and say something!? Not my mother, co-workers, friends, family... not one person has said to me 'Oh, have you lost weight?' Or' Wow you look great'

Is it messed up that this bothers me? lol. I mean I have gone form a solid 18 to a 14. I thought that was a pretty big difference!

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 5:49 PM on Jan. 29, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• you look marvelous darling!

okay, I get what you are saying but some people dotn truly pay attention to what we look like so it would take like 10 pant sizes. Sucks its that way but it is.

:(
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 5:51 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• A few months ago I lost 10lbs in about 3 weeks. The ONLY person who noticed was a male coworker lol.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I noticed but I was too shy to say anything.
    Honestly though are you happy about it?
    Then who cares?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:52 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• lol. I even had to ask DH- Do I look different? Do I not look thinner? He says I do look thinner but he could be full of it I guess. He is a man.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 5:52 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Hey Doc.... I've been meaning to ask you if you've lost weight.... You're looking pretty good these days!!!

LOL! Good Job!!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:52 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• But I think the heavier you are the less people are bound to notice until you really lose a significant amount. You would think that be the opposite but it's just what I've noticed.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 5:53 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I am now under 200. One would think that would be significant... I guess not. lol.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I can tell you that I lost 5 pant sizes in 8 months, no one noticed the signifgant amount they were shocked when they would say well you have alost a little , id say yeah 60 pounds....

it was probably because it was over a broad span of time.

but regardless, if you are happy no one else matters
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 5:56 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I think you should re-evaluate why you are losing the weight to begin with. If you are losing to get healthier and be the best you in all aspects of your life, then forget everyone else... how do you feel!!! Keep thing in perspective. People are so self-focused they often miss what's going on around them (people are too concerned with how they look to look at others - and if you remember this, you'll stop trying to impress people realizing they are too worried about themselves to notice you).

Just keep doing what you are doing. The compliments WILL come - but remember WHY you are losing weight instead of looking for the affirmations from others.
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 5:56 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• I am NOT loosing weight on purpose! lol. My job has me more active and since the daycare serves not so much my favorite things... I eat less during the day. It just sort of happened. When I started loosing I thought 'Wow- this is cool! Can't wait to see how much I loose' but to be honest I am not really that motivated.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2013