Big Gnarly Bruise

I had blood drawn this morning. I have a big fat bruise on the outside of my forearm that hurts like a dog. I don't usually have this happen. How can I get the swelling down?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 6:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2013 in Health

• Ice & NSAID's (Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) always!!! Try an ice massage! Freeze water in a small paper cup. Rip the cup to expose the ice then massage the bruise with it. Keep moving the ice in a circular motion for 10 minutes; never hold it in one place. As the ice melts, tear down the sides of the cup to expose the rest of the ice if needed. I use this in my practice all the time to treat "bruises"... it works GREAT!!! Here's a pic to show you how...

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Ice and elevation along with some noninflammatory drugs... I bet that is sore! I *hate* having my blood drawn.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• ^ ^ ^ what she said. And if you have Arnica gel/cream, use that liberally
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Did they take the blood from the outside of your forearm? Mine has always been taken on the inside, so that is where I get my bruises. Just sounds weird to me.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Use a cold pack, They might have blown your vein when they took it but I dont think its anything to big to worry about!
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 12:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• My veins are really small and hard to nail, so the blood had to be taken wherever the tech could get it from. At least she got it on the first try; usually it take three or four.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 12:21 AM on Jan. 30, 2013