Should I punish my dd?

So I told her this morning I wasn't going to be home when she got out of school. Her father works third shift and would be home but sleeping. I told her to use the back door because I would leave it unlocked for her. I was going to be home an hour later than her I had a dr's appointment. Well I stead of going to the back door she lied and went to a friends house to play and said no one was home. My phone was turned off and her friends parent tried to call me. So I get home and she's not home. I knew that's where she would go because i told her if I was ever not home to go there and I'd do the same for her friend as well. I'm friends with this person so I know she's taken care of but I feel embarressed right now. Because honestly I'd think where the hell where her friends parents at if it were reversed. I'm also upset that she was sneaky and lied.

skinnyslokita

Asked by skinnyslokita at 6:55 PM on Jan. 29, 2013 in General Parenting

• I would make her apologize to the neighbor for lying and coming over when she was told to go home. Kids mess up no need to feel embarassed with your friend I am sure they get it.

as for her, she would be coming home and going nowhere until next wednesday for not obeying
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 6:57 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• If it were one of mine she'd need to fess up to the neighbors about disobeying and lying and then I think she'd be spending a few afternoons in her room, reflecting on her choices, as it were.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Oh yes. She needs to follow the plan you laid out for her. My DD would be in serious hot water. I wouldn't be embarrassed, I would totally fill in the friend's mom on what the plan originally was and how DD should have been in the house with her Dad (sleeping or not) because you knew your phone would be off.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 6:59 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• The grounding is definately in order. The apology is in order to both you and her friends mom. She made you look like a bad parent when you were anything but, because you laid out a plan for her. BTW how old is she?
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:44 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• Yeah she deffinatly will not be playing with her friend for a while, I wouldn't be so upset if she forgot but she confessed she just wanted to play with her friend. I think making her apologize is a really good idea.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 7:03 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• She stressed me out I freaked out when she wasn't there. I had a nice pedi before my drs appointment and now my legs feel like crap from stress.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 7:08 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• She's 7 ganna be eight in a few months. Her and a group walk home she's the second house from the bus stop which is on our street corner not far away. But there have been times where my mom comes here and she knows the routine back door is always unlocked and once i was sick and sleeping ( puking all night) and she knew come straight home that the back door would be open.its nothing new to her.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 8:00 PM on Jan. 29, 2013