1 of 2 - earning the right to leave class to pray with good grades

In reading the article, I thought it would be interesting for debate, but I also saw something disturbing mentioned in it, almost as an aside. I'm posting that as a separate question, but it involves the same article: Prince George’s Co. school lets Muslim students out of class to pray

tldr - Muslims are expected to pray at specific times each day.  This school agrees to let them out of class to pray for 8 minutes, but only if they have good grades.

Fair compromise?  Special privilege? Or should they be allowed without the grade requirement?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:32 PM on Jan. 29, 2013 in Religious Debate

• Adult muslims who work should be given their time for prayers.
    At my job I have a place to pray and go at the appointed times of prayers and its just 2 of the 5 prayers that I have to do at work but if I cannot make the one close to noon time I can combine it with the one that comes later, mid afternoon or I can wait until I get home but than I will have 4 prayers to do and its best for the prayers to be done at the appointed times. Also as the prayer times change the mid after noon prayer is later and than for many people depending on their work hours can be done at home or at closest mosque.
    Parents should not have to remove their children from school from prayer but if asked the school should provide them the time for prayers.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• If anyone is interested to know the prayer times and how they change its at http://www.islamicfinder.org/  type in your zip code to find out the times in your area

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:42 PM on Feb. 1, 2013