Getting Pregnant with #2?

Hello. I am 18 years old with a three year old little boy. His father and I have been together almost 5 years and are planning to get married at the end of February. I currently have the Iplanon birth control and it is suppose to be coming out within the next two months. I am wanting to try for baby #2. My little boy is always telling me how he wants a little brother or sister and I want another child as well. I want to start trying as soon as i get the birth control taken out. Everyone keeps telling me that we are too young to have another baby, but I have been on my own since I was 14, we both have jobs, I go to college, we have our own house and we are financially stable. My question is am I to young to start trying for another baby and would it be a good idea?

cassidyz_mom

Asked by cassidyz_mom at 11:10 PM on Jan. 29, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• why not just get married first and then enjoy your time as parents to your 3 yr old boy for a couple of years longer, to give you time to go to school and not be stressed out by all the additional responsabilities one more baby brings. You're VERY young, in my oppinion a child yourself. You've got all the time in the world to have a 2nd child later.
    danat123

Answer by danat123 at 12:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• If you have decided to get married, then first of all you should have to prefer this one. Then 2nd baby is best idea.
    kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 3:14 AM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I'm not sure why you would need anyone telling what you should do unless you have some reservations. It's not a choice I would make, but, that's me, not you. If this is something you and your SO want, and if you feel you can handle it financially, and you feel you can juggle kids, school, work, housekeeping, cooking, etc. . . Then it really doesn't matter what anybody else thinks.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 1:04 AM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Go for it
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:24 AM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I have been on my own since 14 due to my mother out partying and my dad not wanting anything to do with me. I babysat for money to take care of me and my sister from the age of 14-16. At 16 I worked two jobs while in high school. I was in post secondary, which means I was already going to college when I was a junior in high school. I had my son when I was 15. I have worked just about every day since I was 14, that's how I am financially stable at 18. I have my LPN license and in August I will be starting my last year toward my RN license. I know that I am young, because I am only 18, but I am very mature. I've always been surrounded by kids, and I feel that I am ready for another kid. I just wanted some opinions.
    cassidyz_mom

Comment by cassidyz_mom (original poster) at 12:10 AM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Woah. I can't imagine wanting to have a baby at that age, and I was married at that age. I know everyone's situation is different, but for me, the best thing I ever did was waiting to have kids until we had been married a while. I know that having one already changes things, but for me, that time was important.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:27 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• How were you on your own at 14??

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:19 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• It would be nice for your kids to grow up together, but damn, you're young! It's been done, but it's hard. I'm curious how you can be financially stable at eighteen. Nobody can make your choice for you, but think really hard about it yourself.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:16 PM on Jan. 29, 2013

• going crazy

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:12 PM on Jan. 29, 2013