Poop explosion!

Do any of you give your dogs natural or OTC supplements to help with digestive problems? My Lab is allergic to everything. She eats food that costs more than mine does, pound for pound. I don't even know what it's made of because it's free of--well, everything. She takes ptyalin powder from the vet. But she still gets sick a lot, from both ends, but usually loose stools. I'm getting tired of mopping the entryway and cleaning the carpet when I can't get her out in time!

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 12:06 AM on Jan. 30, 2013 in Pets

• I do not know what she suffers from but we had a pomeraian that was abused terribly and ended up with pancreatitus. Bad enough that he was hospitakuized for 3 days. and sent home to make it or die. They did not expect him to live but I forced him to drink the water. Anyway he was on perscription food and so expensive and the numbers didn't really improve and he had loose stools a lot and throwing up. We read every label and of course they wouldn't recommend any but basically said nothing is helping so it won't hurt to try.
    We put him on Blue Buffalo for older dogs on restricted diets and his numbers improved. We had him for another 6 years.

I don;t know if that helps you but that is the only story I have that is close.
    Good Luck
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:33 AM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Have you tried changing her food? I know we had the explosive poop problem when we tried Blue Buffalo. I was quite disappointed because it was the ONLY dry dog food my dog would ever take. But a quarter cup gave her the runs for two days! Went back to the Cesar and she was fine again.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:29 AM on Jan. 30, 2013