Its really icey out and Im scared to put my son on the bus....

We had freezing rain sunday and Monday so it is extremely icey! I read a post about buses going into the ditch on the local news staion's facebook page. There a pic of 2 buses in a ditch that happened in a town 15 mins away from me! Then someone said that bus in my town went into a ditch and even had broken windows but the bus company swears it didnt happen. Said the bus company was lying.
Would you keep your kid home? It's been 3 days since the freezing rain and the roads are still that bad...who knows when they will get better. Plus its supposed to snow today too. I cant keep him everyday...What would do?

Lobelia

Asked by Lobelia at 1:48 AM on Jan. 30, 2013 in General Parenting

• I would keep him home. I would never send my child if I felt that they were unsafe.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:05 AM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I'd keep him home.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:33 AM on Jan. 30, 2013

• It is scary, but honestly, if there was an accident he'd be safer on the bus than he would in a car.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:21 AM on Jan. 30, 2013

• They haven't cancelled schools?! What state do live in its still cold enough for ice?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 2:07 AM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Minnesota
    Lobelia

Comment by Lobelia (original poster) at 7:06 AM on Jan. 30, 2013

• My husband works nights, doesnt get home till about 9 am. I dont have a car so the bus is the only option.
    Lobelia

Comment by Lobelia (original poster) at 7:07 AM on Jan. 30, 2013