Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is my family in danger from a broken CFL bulb that broke and my dh vacuumed?

My husband is laying new flooring in a bedroom so the bulb broke on the wood subfloor when it broke it was in the lamp and it was on and my husband knocked it over so when it hit the wood and broke it started sparking and smoke came out a bit. Only a bit of the bulb broke but my husband vacumed up that bit with a shop vac, I went down and read he should not have done that and now I am worried that the mercury was vaporized and that the kids are at risk and we have a newborn as well.

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

Answers (1)
  • I truly don't think that there is that much mercury to hurt anyone. We are in the flooring industry, my hubby has done just as your did. When you looked it up did you find out the mercury level? I really don't think it's that much to cause such danger......! But if in doubt, call the poison control number and ask them!
    blessed5x

    Answer by blessed5x at 12:55 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.