I HIT my daughter

And I called CPS the next morning. She has, well, not a black eye but pink one. I lost it. They were here today after my report, with the police. I will face charges and she's been removed from the home for the night. She came to our home five years ago after multiple foster placements and one disrupted adoption. She has a list of psych diagnoses a mile long. But we had worked so hard, and she is so beautiful under her rage, and now I've HIT her! Way to make it worse... So she's been removed from the home, and I will face charges... Anyone out there in the foster/adoptive world been in a similar situation? All I've had so far is I brought it on myself by calling CPS, and maybe that was a mistake, but I sort of figured, I did a wrong thing to a child, so I call in the pros, but so far their only answer is to pull her out and send me to jail. I asked about counseling... "We don't have money for that" Hm?

megolson

Asked by megolson at 2:38 AM on Jan. 30, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• You fucking hit foster child? You certianly need help. I just got through rewriting my life story about foster homes and adoption.

Foster parents like you are the reson so many kids are messed up. You deserve jail time, good for you for calling and recognizing you were wrong but there is no proof you wont do it again so I pray they do not ever place a child with you again.

The mistake was not calling CPS the mistake was harming a child. Now she has another reason to not trust and anothe disruption to her life.

I have to stop now or I will be so hateful I will get banned from answers.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 2:47 AM on Jan. 30, 2013

• The poor child. It sounds like she's been through way too much. No matter what happens, get yourself some counseling.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:02 AM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Cafe Robin welcomed her to CM @ 2:38 EST- found answers in under 20 minutes & acts indignant that she got in trouble for doing something that is morally reprehensible & a complete betrayal of the trust placed in her as a foster parent. In other words- HI TROLL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Jan. 30, 2013

• yeah, and she has the nerve to post about something so serious I will hold m tongue she is not worth it
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 3:10 AM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Yes, I hit a child. She is no longer a foster child, she is adopted, like her brother. After 20 years of fostering with no blows and such happy stories, I am appalled and ashamed and shocked and certainly do need help. This is why I posted. A little public shaming is in line, so I accept your harsh words luvmygrandbaby. This little child was so wounded before, and spent six years healing, and then the last six months has slid further and further, bulllying at school, violent at home... I asked for help but got no answers. Sad, then, when I descend to hitting her, which devours me with shame and self-hatred, everyone shows up... But for the best, for her, that's what it has to be...
    megolson

Comment by megolson (original poster) at 3:10 AM on Jan. 30, 2013

• oh honey I was nice, there is nothing harsh about my first reply to you
    first post OP you say she came to you 5 years ago
    second reply OP you say you spend si years healing.

I dont care what she did, youshould have gotten her counseling, you find a way you dont use finances as an excuse.You just do it. If you knew she was sliding and violent turn her over to juvy and they will get her conseling. I hope they took her brother too. Regardless she had a failed adoption and now shes fucked again all because you lost your cool.

nice trolling with ya though
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 3:16 AM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Please don't hold you tongues ladies! I need support, my family does. I believe I need a community of help. Will you part of it?
    megolson

Comment by megolson (original poster) at 3:32 AM on Jan. 30, 2013

• i wont be a part of anything you are involed in
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 3:35 AM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I had hoped so much for just a scrap of friendship...
    megolson

Comment by megolson (original poster) at 3:53 AM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Well, we will heal over here, on our own . Hard work. But we're up to it, I hope. i appreciate very much you concern for my daughter. She has lots of family standing by.
    It sounds like you are pretty angry, and very alone. If you need to talk, I'm around
    megolson

Comment by megolson (original poster) at 4:37 AM on Jan. 30, 2013