I HIT my daughter

And I called CPS the next morning. She has, well, not a black eye but pink one. I lost it. They were here today after my report, with the police. I will face charges and she's been removed from the home for the night. She came to our home five years ago after multiple foster placements and one disrupted adoption. She has a list of psych diagnoses a mile long. But we had worked so hard, and she is so beautiful under her rage, and now I've HIT her! Way to make it worse... So she's been removed from the home, and I will face charges... Anyone out there in the foster/adoptive world been in a similar situation? All I've had so far is I brought it on myself by calling CPS, and maybe that was a mistake, but I sort of figured, I did a wrong thing to a child, so I call in the pros, but so far their only answer is to pull her out and send me to jail. I asked about counseling... "We don't have money for that" Hm?

megolson

Asked by megolson at 2:38 AM on Jan. 30, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• 211 has referral for counseling. Many therapist and psychiatrist accept Medicaid. I am glad you called CPS. I hope this poor child gets the help she needs.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2013