Is it just me and my hormones or is this just wrong?

Ill try not to make this tooo long but...at the time my boyfriend and I had great jobs and decided lets have a baby,we're ready and Im not getting any younger (34 yrs old). 6 months later I got pregnant and WOW! life just couldnt be better. I ended up losing my job when I was 8 months pregnant (in July). Our little one arrived in August and things were still going great even though money was tight. Well, this past November he got laid off and then we got behind, in my mind, no worries, we rent from his mom and she will be understanding, WRONG! Starting from a week after I had my lo, she would ask to come over, spend about 10 minutes with her and then fuss for about an hour that she wants her rent money, so in December, we just told her we cant afford it right now and would possibly have to move in with my mom. I call his mom Nagging Nana...she didnt even hesitate about the idea. So even though, we decided to move out, it feels like we got kicked out, understand she wants her money but she chose that over her son and grand daughter. We just got all settled in for the most part at my moms and just found out that Nagging Nana is having her sister move in to the house we just move out of and she doesnt have a job, she also already had her own place. I feel so bad for my boyfriend because I know his feelings are hurt. I guess I feel this way because my family will do what ever it takes to help...rent would never have been an issue if we got behind,but we werent renting from my side. So, I am wondering, how could a person do that? Would anyone else feel bitter about it too?

newmom1978

Asked by newmom1978 at 7:55 AM on Jan. 30, 2013 in Money & Work

• You are in a stressful situation, but no landlord is going to let you live rent free. Don't hold it against her, that rent is her income, she needs someone living there that can pay. But I do understand why your feelings are hurt because she didn't attempt to work with you on it. It's for the best that you left on your own.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 8:26 AM on Jan. 30, 2013

• You do realize that she has to pay the mortgage on the place you are renting, right?
    When you don't pay here the rent, she can't pay the mortgage. I damages her credit and may end up losing her the house you rent.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:05 AM on Jan. 30, 2013

• no mortgage, she owns the place free and clear.
    newmom1978

Comment by newmom1978 (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Jan. 30, 2013

• no mortgage - there's still taxes, upkeep, etc. Just because you own a place free and clear doesn't mean there aren't still expenses. I am sorry for your situation, you are fortunate that your family has room and is willing to let you move in.

Answer by missanc at 11:35 AM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I'm sorry for the stress you are under. I can see how you would feel hurt, and especially your boyfriend, if the sister who moved in can't pay rent, either. But you've got a new place to start, so just go with it and enjoy your baby!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:25 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• it has just been disappointing...working on a nursery she never got to sleep in and time there bla bla bla...but seeing everyones post, im better, we are better to have moved out and on..better opportunity is always around the corner :)
    newmom1978

Comment by newmom1978 (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2013