20 year old cross stitching....

So I am 20 years old and I love to cross stitch it keeps my hands busy and my mind away from cutting. Any other youngsters out there cross stitch or do older lady hobbies lol.

Im-HiDdEn

Asked by Im-HiDdEn at 12:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I learned to cross-stitch in the 4th or 5th grade and I loved it! I used to do it more in my early 20s also. I just turned 29 but I haven't done it as much lately because my hands and joints hurt a lot sometimes :( I was just looking into getting a kit to make my sister for her wedding in April, so if you have any good links or suggestions let me know! :)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 12:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I learned to cross stitch as a young girl. I've always love anything to do with "crafts", so my mom got me a book when I was 7 and some supplies and I taught myself on Christmas vacation at our yearly Christmas mountain cabin rental. I haven't done it in years since
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I cut to keep away from cross stitching. Mostly paper dolls.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 12:26 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• "I cut to keep away from cross stitching. Mostly paper dolls."

I've missed you
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:27 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• And I, you. And I... you.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 12:28 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I don't see it as an old lady activity at all. I cross-stitched crib quilts for both of my babies and I was 21 and 24 at the time.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I started cross stitching and doing needle point when I was about 5 or 6. I do it to destress. My kids drive me extra crazy and I pick up a project. I have one sitting on my table in my living room and work on it after they go to bed.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:33 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I started when I was 7. My 11 yo dd is learning to knit.

Answer by missanc at 12:38 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I taught myself when I was 7, so I've been stitching for the past 34 years. There used to be a store near me that had a weekly stitch night, and there were a wide range of ages.

anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Crafts is not an age thing , just a good thing to keep my mind quiet . We both (DH) do cross stitching and crochet .
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2013