Cholonzapham...

I am on two mg of this a day and it really helps with my anxiety does anyone else take it and if so tell me what you think of it, I know it is extremly addicting and that pretty much scares me but i want to know that I am not alone and the only one taking it.

Im-HiDdEn

Asked by Im-HiDdEn at 12:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2013 in Health

• Hun, pharmaceuticals take care of one thing and destroy another, go the natural way and you can't go wrong! PM me for info on a natural product that will not only help you with this problem but with many others you are not even aware of.....

Answer by older at 12:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Every day? It's typically only prescribed for short term use
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:28 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I haven't heard of that particular drug, but my boyfriend takes a half a milligram of Lorazapam, another one in the same family, every morning. I take one milligram as needed, but that's not very often anymore. The drugs don't have to be addicting if you don't start viewing them as your first fallback, once you stop taking them every day. Lorazapam is a last resort for me, especially because it makes me sleepy, and sleepy doesn't cut it except at night.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:35 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• It really doesn't make a lot of sense to me, to be honest. You aren't really "stable"; you're just feeling less anxious because of the drugs. The minute you are weaned off completely it'll come back. As Older says, there are naturals out there that do much the same for you but you're also going to have to figure out how to deal with the root of the problem.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:39 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Repeated high levels of this drug can literally turn you into a zombie. You'll drool on yourself & not even notice. The only people I've ever known to take it daily had extreme mental disorders like paranoid schizophrenia.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• And 2mg a day is a fairly significant dosage. Maintenance dosage is only about 1mg a day if I recall correctly
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:44 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I've no experience with that drug. However, I will tell you, as stated above, many of those drugs have a side effect of anxiety. They also have a short half life, so you will need more and more of the drug to help you feel the same effect that you did in the beginning. Also, as soon as they wear off, you will notice even MORE anxiety. They're nothing to fool around with.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Yes I take it every day twice a day because I have such bad panic attacks the dr. is weaning me off them slowly but he has had to up the dosage to get me feeling to this calm state to where I am.
    Im-HiDdEn

Comment by Im-HiDdEn (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• So, he's weaning you but has increased the dosage?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 12:31 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• He wants to wean me off of it but he wants to get me to a normal state of mind before he does so if that makes sence.
    Im-HiDdEn

Comment by Im-HiDdEn (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Jan. 30, 2013