I can't seem to get full

I'm a working mom.... I sit at a desk all day and work on a computer and if i 'm bored, i snack from time to time...

I've noticed that i'm eating a lot more lately. Nothing has changed (other than every day i'm getting older) and i'm not stressed or anything. Kids are great, life is good. I just cant seem to stop eating.... i find myself looking around for anything to snack on. I try to keep it healthy but nothing is working. I've tried diet pills and working out... even tried starving myself for a day... nothing works...

Does anyone else have these issues, could it be a thyroid thing? (I am 31 yrs old and NOT pregnant, nor could I be. I take the pill (same pill for over 2 years) and he uses condoms when we have a chance to even do things of that nature just to be safe.

VanessaMomof2

Asked by VanessaMomof2 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 30, 2013 in Health

• is it a boredom thing?
    do you know how many calories you eat? maybe it's not enough
    *don't take diet pills or starve yourself- there is no need for doing that
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• You need to eat more fiber. Fiber fills you up. It sounds like you may also be a little bored. Try Fiber One bars as a snack.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I had a day like that yesterday. No matter what I ate, I was starving. I notice I am hungry when it's cold and dreary out, or if I have had a day where I ate way too much. The next day I wake up starving. I would try reducing a bit at a time, drink more water, and eat more fiber.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Do they make fiber pills or anything? I love breads and pastas (part of my problem) but i've been trying to eat more fruits and veggies and i just wind up hungry again. This literally happens every day and I'm starting to worry that I'm gonna end up morbidly obese if i don't do something. Going to the doctor in 2 weeks to try and figure this whole thing out. Thank you ladies for your help!
    VanessaMomof2

Comment by VanessaMomof2 (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Try eating more protein. If you are eating mostly carbs, you can stay hungry.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:34 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Try chia seeds! I like making oatmeal with steel cut oats, dried cranberries, and chia seeds. It's only 5 Weight Watchers points (the old point system) and it has a lot of fiber. It keeps me full for a long time, too. You might want to try green smoothies, too. You can pile all sorts of spinach and kale and other vegetables in there, add fruit, and chia seeds.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• i've been snacking on crackers lately. it seems to help me, bread for some reason just makes me more hungry.
    but i've been doing that a lot lately too.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 5:12 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Drink more water. Most of the time when we feel 'hungry' our body is really dehydrated. Also it is good to eat every 2-3 hours, but make it something healthy. Between the healthy snacks every couple of hours and drinking a lot more water, you should notice a difference.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:55 PM on Feb. 1, 2013