Tortilla Pot Pie
1-1/2 pounds lean groun beef
1 package enchilada sauce mix
2 8-ounce cans tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup water (or substitute with 1 16-ounce can enchilada sauce for more flavor)
1 onion, finely chopped
1 2-1/4 ounce can ripe olives
1 small can green chilies
8 to 10 tortillas, corn or flour
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1. Brown ground beef in skillet, drain.
2. In bowl, combine enchilada sauce mix with tomato sauce, water, and salt. Stir in onion, olives, chilies, and browned beef.
3. Line crockpot with heavy duty foil (about 15 inches long) by making a nest in the bottom.
4. Arrange alternate layers of tortillas, cheese, and meat sauce, ending with sauce on top. Cover, cook on low 4 to 6 hours.
5. Picking up sides of foil, lift pie from pot. Slide onto a plate and cut into wedges.
at 5:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2013