I got a new Crock Pot. Can you give me your most "Awesomest" Crock Pot Recipe?

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 4:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Lemon Chicken.
    Buy a whole chicken and wash, take the "extras" out of the cavity.
    Slice some butter into 1/8" squares or so and lay them across the bottom of the crock pot.
    Slice a lemon or two, lay some on top of the butter. Drizzle some water in the bottom, just enough to cover the bottom, not cover the butter and lemon slices.
    Set the chicken in the crock pot.
    Use toothpicks to pin lemon slices all over the chicken.
    Season as you like with salt, pepper... pretty much any seasoning you like or herbs. I tend not to even use salt.
    Slow cook it according to your specific cooker. I usually use our 8 hr setting.

To make the chicken extra yummy you can mix the seasonings you are using with some butter and dress the meat under the skin, be careful not to rip the skin though.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 5:05 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• it's a puerto rican dish called bistec
    2 pounds beef steak, thinly sliced ½ cup olive oil 2 tablespoons minced garlic dash dried oregano leaves 2 large white onions, sliced in rings ¼ cup distilled white vinegar 1½ cups water1 tsp. salt I add half of a smallest can of tomato sauce I think it's 16 oz?

1. Dump all ingredients in a gallon-size plastic bag and turn so that all the ingredients mix together. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or a couple of days (or freeze for later use). You add the liquids when you put it in the crock pot.
    Cook it on low the longer you cook it the tenderer your meat will be, I serve it with white rice
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 4:39 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Peanut chicken

No measuring I just guess

Chicken breasts
    Peanut butter
    soy sauce or better teriyaki sauce
    Water.apple juice
    grated ginger

Mix and cook on low til tender.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:45 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• pork roast,
    sear on all sides for about 2 minutes per side,
    add 2 packages taco mix
    add one whole onion
    1 finely minced jal. pepper
    one can of finely diced tomatos and 1 cup water
    cook on low for at least 5 hours, this makes amazing whatever, tacos, dip enchiladas, etc.. just put it in a tort, and wrap it up, LOL
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 4:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• allrecipes.com is my fav site for cooking, esp with crock pot...chicken and dumplins is delish!
    newmom1978

Answer by newmom1978 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Jersey please tell me you chop the onion? Or put it in whole?
    staciandababy

• Tortilla Pot Pie

1-1/2 pounds lean groun beef
    1 package enchilada sauce mix
    2 8-ounce cans tomato sauce
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup water (or substitute with 1 16-ounce can enchilada sauce for more flavor)
    1 onion, finely chopped
    1 2-1/4 ounce can ripe olives
    1 small can green chilies
    8 to 10 tortillas, corn or flour
    1 cup grated Cheddar cheese

1. Brown ground beef in skillet, drain.

2. In bowl, combine enchilada sauce mix with tomato sauce, water, and salt. Stir in onion, olives, chilies, and browned beef.

3. Line crockpot with heavy duty foil (about 15 inches long) by making a nest in the bottom.

4. Arrange alternate layers of tortillas, cheese, and meat sauce, ending with sauce on top. Cover, cook on low 4 to 6 hours.

5. Picking up sides of foil, lift pie from pot. Slide onto a plate and cut into wedges.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Taco soup

1 lb. ground beef
    package taco seasoning
    1 can kidney beans
    1 can black beans
    2 cans petite diced tomatoes
    1 can diced green chiles
    1 can whole kernel corn

Brown beef with taco seasoning and place in crock pot. Open all cans and dump into crock pot. Give it a quick stir and cook on low 4 hours. Serve with cheddar cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips.

Easiest soup ever and really, really good too!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 6:39 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• 1 lb lean ground stew meat 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1 1/2 tsp EVOO or veg oil, 3 cups peeled sweet potatoes cut into 1" cubes 2tsp minced garlic 1/8 tsp ground cloves 1 dried bay leaf, 1 stick of cinnamon,1 large onion cut into eighths, 1 can(28oz) diced tomatoes undrained 2 cups of water, 8 dried apricots( I forgot to add them) chopped fresh parsley
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:43 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Remove excess fat from beed and cut into 1" pieces Sprinkle with pepper.Heat Oil over medium-high heat in large skillet. Cook beef in oil for 5 minutes stirring occasionally,until brown. In 4 to 5 quart slow cooker,combine beef and remaining ingredients except apricots and parsley.Cook and cover on LOW heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or until beef is tender.or place ingredients in a Dutch oven or large pot and simmer on low heat for 2 hours. Stir in apricots. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 15 minutes or until fruit is softened. Discard bay leaf & cinnamon stick. Sprinkle with parsley and Enjoy. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 30, 2013