Can you help me understand? May come across as racist but not my intention

I have always wondered this and never asked. I am not racist at all but do notice trends. So, I have to ask. Why is it that:

Most NBA players are black?
Most hockey players are white?
Most taxi drivers are arab?
Most mini mart owners are arab?
Most nail salons are run by Asians?
Lots of janitors are older white males?
Lots of hotel cleaning ladies are hispanic?

Again, I am not trying to sound racist. I am just wondering. Is it because these businesses are family owned maybe, besides the sport question obviously?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but it is completely true. Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. It's a common trend that people blow out of proportion. As for the specific question of basketball players (and other athletes in general) being black, there is a historical/biological reason for it. Waay back in the day when people (evil horrible people ftr) owned slaves, they chose who mated with whom. They regarded their slaves as cattle, and bred them as such. Breeding them stronger, and with higher endurance levels. Before y'all call me racist, check your history. It's true.

And whomever asked why the majority of prisoners are minorities... That's because the majority of PEOPLE in America are "minorities". While the stats may not be directly proportional, there are many more "minorities" than there are white people in America.

Gods this post makes me sound racist... Really I'm just fully educated.
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 7:51 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• lol..oh my...
    Anonymous

• YOU NEED 2 FIND A NEW HOBBY
    Anonymous

• I do know white men cant jump and their is no ice in africa....does that answer number 1 and 2.

LOL.....just joking. all in good humor people.
    Anonymous

• OP Here:Not a hobby. I'm not trying to be mean. I"m just trying to figure out why it is. I was curious if it depends on the area you live in or if it's family owned, etc
    Anonymous

• I think everyone has wondered about those type of things before, we are just not suppose to talk about it.

Dont have any other answers though.
    Anonymous

• I have noticed the Asian nail salon thing. I think it goes back to the whole immigration tax break thing, where legal immigrants get a nice tax break for opening a business. Not everyone can open a restaurant. . .

As far as the Arab convenience stores, I'm pretty sure that it is the same thing. The rest of it I have no clue.

How can you tell if someone is Arab anyway?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:56 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• OP here-Lovinangels...maybe I am stereotyping the "arab" thing. I should have said middle eastern. Is that right? I don't know how ot say this without sounding worse but they generally wear turbans or the longer shirts/pants, etc
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• you forgot that Greeks own restaurants LOL :)

loginangels - maybe she should have said middle eastern instead of Arab.
    Anonymous

• Oh, I wasn't being mean, I'm just dumb when it comes to that stuff. I NEVER know what to call people especially since everyone gets so mad lately.

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:06 AM on Feb. 14, 2009