Did you or would you let your Daughter or Son get the HPV vaccine ?

Just read an article on AOL & I was interested in your opinions. It's only been on the market for 4 years.

Wondering also at what age do Dr.'s start recommending it for boys & girls?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 5:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2013 in Kids' Health

• NO and NO, it's too new and there have been serious issues with it. Old drugs only, for everything.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Nope, there isn't enough research on it yet.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:10 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• No, I haven't. No, I wouldn't.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:08 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• NO WAY IN HELL. Put once they are 18 I cant stop them.
    I think the age is 14
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Oh and I got the first shot then I read up on it and decided not to finish the other 2.
    LostSoul88

• My daughters got it but it was solely their decision. I armed them with the info and they made the choice. I preferred they did NOT get it; not enough data, sample sizes were too small and I felt males should be vaccinated long before the females were.

Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:20 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I didn't and I won't.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:25 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I'm on the fence. I wouldn't even consider it until I was sure my daughter was going to be sexually active. I don't think there's been enough research, but on the other hand, I had a close college friend who contracted the virus from her first partner, passed it along eventually to her husband when she got married, and had a lot of devastating fertili problems.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:26 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• The doctor suggested it for my son,I turned them down,and got attitude from the nurse

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• My oldest son is 11 and his doctor tried to get me to give it to him. I did some research and found that at the time this was being pushed on us, it had been released for use in boys only 2 weeks before, which was a huge red flag for me. Then when I considered that there were so many complications and deaths for girls, that was another one. Finally, the idea that there's only 10 years of research behind it. 10 years isn't enough for me. That's not enough to really know whether it would have any effect on their ability to father children in the future, or if it could cause any other kinds of cancers, or who knows what other problems. Plus, if I remember what I read correctly, it's only good for X number of years and there's no booster shot - so why take all that risk for something that won't even give lifelong protection anyway? My son also said he didn't want it, so I said no, pissed off his doctor royally.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2013