Did you or would you let your Daughter or Son get the HPV vaccine ?

Just read an article on AOL & I was interested in your opinions. It's only been on the market for 4 years.

Wondering also at what age do Dr.'s start recommending it for boys & girls?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 5:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2013 in Kids' Health

• NO and NO, it's too new and there have been serious issues with it. Old drugs only, for everything.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:16 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• NO WAY IN HELL.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 2:23 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• neither of my kids will get it
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:52 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Absolutely, but it's still a few years out.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:44 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• No. My oldest (now 18) had two friends who had it at 14 and both had seizures in the doctor's office. So dd read up on it and flat out refused to get it. Dd #2 has been thinking about it for the past two years, but she doesn't think it's worth the risks. They just started asking dd #3 when she was 10, but she's not getting it either. It doesn't cover all strains and the risk outweighs any possible benefit, imo.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• No and no. They were trying to push it on me when I took her in to get her TD booster. The others will not get it either.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:35 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• My oldest son is 11 and his doctor tried to get me to give it to him. I did some research and found that at the time this was being pushed on us, it had been released for use in boys only 2 weeks before, which was a huge red flag for me. Then when I considered that there were so many complications and deaths for girls, that was another one. Finally, the idea that there's only 10 years of research behind it. 10 years isn't enough for me. That's not enough to really know whether it would have any effect on their ability to father children in the future, or if it could cause any other kinds of cancers, or who knows what other problems. Plus, if I remember what I read correctly, it's only good for X number of years and there's no booster shot - so why take all that risk for something that won't even give lifelong protection anyway? My son also said he didn't want it, so I said no, pissed off his doctor royally.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• The doctor suggested it for my son,I turned them down,and got attitude from the nurse

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:38 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I'm on the fence. I wouldn't even consider it until I was sure my daughter was going to be sexually active. I don't think there's been enough research, but on the other hand, I had a close college friend who contracted the virus from her first partner, passed it along eventually to her husband when she got married, and had a lot of devastating fertili problems.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:26 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I didn't and I won't.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:25 PM on Jan. 30, 2013