Do you think its fair our taxes will be paying $248 million for new furniture?

Just curious on your thoughts :D

The stimulus payment will be paying for $248 million for new furniture at the new Homeland Security Headquarters.

Google it for more info, or click here:

http://digg.com/politics/National_Debt_increased_by_789_Billion_to_12_Trillion

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think they should hire me to be the thrift store decorator. I could save the white house millions.

But they dont want that. Only the best for them. The rest of us can eat microwave beans.
    Anonymous

• Why don't they just use all the furniture that is sitting around in storage?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:44 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• no, not fair at all.
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 11:58 PM on Feb. 13, 2009

• This is incredible!! The public is making a big negative stink and outcry about this whole spending package and the President and Pelosi continues to push forward with it.  We may have to take to the streets.....LOL  Seriously, tho, are they not listening in Washington?

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:14 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Don't forget about the $600,000,000 for new hybrid cars for the Feds. And we're paying to make sure the White House lawn looks its best. It's a spend, spend, spend, make the rich richer, fatten up the Washington Fat Cats bill. There's so much pork in there they should call it the Bacon Bill.
    KnittinChick

Answer by KnittinChick at 12:43 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• LOL, too funny, Knittin!
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 1:06 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Hey I need new furniture too but I am not asking taxpayers for it so why should they? Not to mention $248 million, I think they need Wal Mart stuff. The more and more I hear about this crap the more I dis like obama and everything he is doing, seriously what a JERK
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:27 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Yeah, sure, why not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I don't understand how it was even passed when congress DID NOT read 1,100 pages of that stimulus! To answer your q, hell no. We don't even know all of what is on that stimulus. Remember when Obama was campaigning and he said this kind of stuff and anything else would be made available for us to read on the net? Where the crap is it?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:43 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Oh geez...don't you know this kind of thing has been going on since before the beginning of the US?? Stop blaming Obama!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 AM on Feb. 14, 2009