Have you lost your damn mind?? I really think you have!

Dh has got to be on drugs or something!! He has lost his damn mind.

****More of a vent ladies, sorry******

He came home yesterday and told me this story:

So there was some head guy at the safety meeting. He pulled me into an office after the meeting and said, "What's wrong man? You seem like you really don't want to be here."
So I told him , "Man. It's so many things wrong with this place. Just cuz the other drivers smiling don't mean nothing. Hell they don't wanna be here either. I mean don't get me wrong man, I'm making money and I can provide for my family. But it's just another job. I don't see myself here like forever or anything."

******At this point I've gone from groggy to awake and ready to drop kick him***********

The story continues:

So the head guys says, "Well man we don't want you to be someplace your unhappy." ( What does this sound like to me? Sounds like, "Well man, if your unhappy how about we help you out and fire you so you can be happy somewhere else)

Now we find out that the guy has been going back into dh's records and talking to past employers and stuff. He's looking for some concrete reason to show you the door!!!

What does dh do? Laugh. His exact words were, "Man I got the golden ticket. I can get another job."

Another job is not the problem. We're stable, we're fixing our credit, building credit. Kids are happy.

I've said many times before that 2005 goes on record as the worst year of my life. Practically homeless, no jobs, no money, hungry kids. I cry talking/thinking about it.

But he's laughing. He's giddy. The man is 33. WTHell is wrong with you?? Midlife crisis??

Oh yeah and now the guy wants dh to list the reasons why drivers are unhappy with the company.

4xsthetrouble

Asked by 4xsthetrouble at 5:25 PM on Jan. 30, 2013 in Money & Work

• sounds like a midlife crisis to me. or he's really unhappy with his job and wants a way and is seeing this as his way out.. but without having another secure job in place its stupid.. :/

i'm sorrry and good luck!!
    mampanda0422

Answer by mampanda0422 at 5:32 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• a friend of mine recently wrote a complaint to a company.. i dont knwo all the details but he said he pretty much ripped apart the company and then got a phone call from someone from the company.. after a hour on the phone the man offered my friend a job working there.. wants to improve the compant and actually liked hearing the honest things my friend had to say.. so maybe this boss is actually looking into making changes? find out why people arent happy and correct it.. happy workers make for a better business.. then again, my friend also doesnt have a family to support and a job to lose... i could see why your angry.. your dh is playing with fire.
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 5:33 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• i hate men!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:34 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I agree nnh_mama

It could go wither way. But he is playing with fire in the worst way right now.
    4xsthetrouble

Comment by 4xsthetrouble (original poster) at 5:34 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• It sounds like he's lost a few marbles. Maybe they rolled out of his ear and fell behind the bed while he was sleeping. Could you remind him how much 2005 sucked?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:55 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I'd be a little nervous too. I'd want to the company to do an anonymous survey with ALL the employees & their grievances, not just your husb's opinions. I think your husb should start looking elsewhere for employment just in case. GL

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:59 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Sounds like he wants to be fired so he can collect unemployment ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Ugh...find a job BEFORE you lose one. This is not good. I wouldn't write a list of stuff but if pressed, he can mention a few complaints in a very tactful way. Could be the ax that gets him though...
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• He says he talked to the "head" guy today. Told him that at the time he wasn't thinking straight, his exact words were, "I'm sorry if I came off unprofessional. Dealing with a few things at home and I wasn't thinking clearly. I do love this company, I just feel that driver appreciation is so overlooked. The drivers here work 50-70 hours a week and we're made to feel as though even that isn't enough. We'd love to feel included, rather than just used. But that's it. That's all I wanted to say."

BTW I got this word for word because I recorded our conversation LoL!! I usually have to with dh. He forgets things ALOT.

I'm glad he talked to the guy and according to dh the guy said that he understands and they really want to improve driver appreciation. Decrease their turn over rate and things of that sort.

I still plan to research a few other companies, in case he gets the ax.
    4xsthetrouble

Comment by 4xsthetrouble (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2013