Dh's ex wife gathering info on my family

How weird is that and is there anything I can do? I feel like she's stalking me. She's figured out my family members addresses and emails. For what I don't know but it's kind of freaking me out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Jan. 30, 2013 in Relationships

• Wow sounds like my ex's wife. Crazy! Have you asked her WTF is up? If you have tried talking to her and the issue remains unresolved then I would seek legal advice.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:43 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• Depends on why she's doing it. When my ex moved in with his new girlfriend, you bet your ass I checked her out. She doesn't have custody of her kid, doesn't take care of her kid (neither does my ex, for ours), and does drugs - pot soaked in formaldehyde being just one of them. No way in hell do I want that around my kid, and it shows that my ex's failure to pay child support isn't due to a true inability, because the gf mentioned online that he pays for her drugs.

If she's doing it just to be stalkerish, then yeah, that's creepy. How long have you guys been married and how long did you know each other before marriage? If you've been together a long time, then I'd find it really weird, but if you haven't been together long at all, it might just be that she's being thorough (maybe overly so) in making sure that her kids will be safe in your care. Not that you're a bad person necessarily, just that she wants to be sure.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:39 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I don't think that constitutes a danger to be able to get a restraining order. I agree though that it's creepy. Have him ask her what she wants with that info

Answer by admckenzie at 5:48 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Unless she causes problems or makes threats to you or your family members you cannot get a restraining order on her. She could just be a protective mom like wendy said. Tell your husb to talk to her & let her know you have knowledge of her tactics & see if she reveals her motives behind it.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• get a restraining order

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• creeper, does dh and her have kids together?
    mampanda0422

Answer by mampanda0422 at 5:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I understand what you're saying, but if that was her concern I would have talked to her and answered any question she had. Dh and I have been married for 2 years and we've been together 3 and a half years. She's never once showed any concern about me being around her son. Being a mother myself I would completely understand her wanting to know about me and even expected some questions but I never got any. I just don't understand what my family has to do with this. It's not just my parents it's everyone in my family. I honestly don't really have a problem with her knowing this it's just the way she got the info and how she's using it that's weird. Like she was leaving dh nasty voicemails in the middle of the night and she got mad that he was ignoring her so she threw this in his face kind of like a "don't ignore me I can find a way to get in touch with you" kind of way.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Okay, well, that's weird. See, I can understand what you're saying, but I also see it this way: my ex and I don't get along. I only talk to him in court. So I wouldn't call HER either (and in fairness, I only began checking her out after she briefly stalked me online, but that's another story). I also wouldn't necessarily believe anything she told me, so I'd rather do my own research to see what she tells the world as opposed to what she might tell me. See what I'm saying?

But I did it immediately upon finding out - and I have to think she knew long before this. lol So what she's doing does sound weird. Maybe it's time to confront her and just flat out asking her what she's doing?
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:13 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Heck my brother inlaws ex went as far as to figure out my email password by trying to log in and saying she forgot the password, waited for the security question to come up and she already investigated me so she knew the answer! My kquestion is what is your father's middle name. She snooped on me & his entire family on Ancestory.com I would take this VERY seiously!
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 6:35 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• thats scary. I would get a restraining order
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 31, 2013