So we are moving..

so we moved into my brothers in laws house about 6 months ago with promises of them fixing all that was wrong with the house and this and that, and it was worth the move.. 795 for a 3 bedroom house and a den and a big back yard, problem they never fixed anyhthing and going from we will pay for water and trash to you guys have to pay all the bills.. so roughly a month we have been spending about 1400 on just the rent and bills, no extra money for anything.. so we are moving into a mobile home in march.. and the rent with all bills included is 750 and i am beyond excited...

here's my question.. since there was no contact between brother in law and us, would i technically have to give him a 30 day notice? could he take me to court if there isnt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Jan. 30, 2013 in Money & Work

• yeah it could be an issue, check your laws
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 5:36 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• It depends on the laws in your state but where I am from the notice is dependent upon how you pay your rent. If you pay monthly, you need to give a months notice.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• i meant contract not contact sorry!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• it's 20 days notice here. Either way check your laws and give written notice.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:40 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I would give 30-days written notice, just to be on the safe side - just to make it official so there is no question. But it sounds like you didn't have a rental agreement and the terms of the occupancy kept changing. Glad to hear you are making the move.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:57 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Just to be safe let them know
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 7:46 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• oh i am letting them know i am just trying to make sure that they can't like turn it around on me somehow i've already typed it up i just have to print it.. i just want to get the hell out of here..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• No contract. No worries. I say you have a month to month with him. Give your 30 day writen notice. Make a copy for yourself. And move.
    Check your local rental laws too just in case.

Answer by louise2 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 30, 2013