Monster in law (sister in law).....venting to whom i trust most for advice adult content

Ok so my bil and sister in law with kids is staying with me and dh because they needed to move out of their house bcz it has lots of health department issues and needless to say me and dh are going crazy! We CLEARLY stated the rules b4 they joined us at our home.the rules r simple like clean up after your self and kids and they would pay half the bills such as water and elec which has almost dbled since they have been here and that they dnt touch anything of mine or dh's personal things. And ill be damned not even three months and she thinks she owns MY FRIKKEN HOUSE...grrr just ugh she came in my room took my dirty clthes for work and washed them and then dried them and they are stiff and smell musty now I have to re wash them which I can't do bcz she is always using washer and dryer she sorts each color litterally for it own load so 2 loads is turned into 5 or 6 ugh advice plz ladies.....I wouldn't stress about my spare time so bad except 2maro is dd's 1st bday

mamide02ninas

Asked by mamide02ninas at 6:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2013 in Relationships

• Have a sitdown and discuss the rules again. It's still your house; what you say goes.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:21 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Three months with a whole nuther family living there with you. You are a saint.

Yep, time for a Come to Jesus meeting.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I would just start telling her. Do not touch my stuff.
    Yea time to have a talk with them. Ask them when they are moving out too.

Answer by louise2 at 6:41 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Living together is tough however, I have to say that she washed your work clothes and probably thought she was being helpful and nice to you. Relook at where the intent came from.
    vampporcupine

Answer by vampporcupine at 7:09 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• did you guys set a time estimate on when they would be moving out? maybe if they have a time limit (say two more months) to get on their own tow feet again, and revisit the rule conversation again.. just say thanks for trying to help by washing my clothes but i have a certain way of doing it so please just dont worry about washing my things.. (along those lines??)
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 7:50 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I agree that perhaps she thought she was doing something nice when she washed the clothes? That said, I'd explain that you prefer to do your own laundry and that they need to pitch in for water bills, etc. Dang dude, have your husband do this, it's his family!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:58 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• why would clean clothes smell musty? Maybe she did a nice thing, why was the house they lived in shut down for health violations in the 1st place?
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 8:00 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Is this supposed to be a temporary living arrangement or long term.? If you were comfortable talking with them about the rules before they moved in, why aren't you comfortable reinforcing them, or discussing what's bothering you etc ?
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 4:34 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• I think she was trying to help. I do think you all need to have a talk.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:30 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• Bcz the sewige was running into the lake behind her house and was getting mold on ceilings and they were supposed 2 b here 2 months and my dh isn't being made to talk to them bcz he can't stand her and he said if it wasn't his. Bro n nieces he wldnt let her stay here...he's always disliked her bcz she acts like she's to good for his bro who is a damned good guy even very handsome
    mamide02ninas

Comment by mamide02ninas (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Jan. 31, 2013