Ear problem

So I went to the. Dr thinking I had an ear infection and nothing. For the past month on and off my ear starts to hurt bad at night and when I lay down. I don't know what to do now? Should I try to go back to the dr? It also makes my head hurt after a while and has been screwing up my sleep.

skinnyslokita

Asked by skinnyslokita at 9:01 PM on Jan. 30, 2013 in Health

• You could try putting a little drop of vinegar and water in your ear when in the shower. If it's an ear infection it will help kill it, if it's not this wont hurt anything. Make an appointment with an ENT doctor if it continues to hurt.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• how are your teeth?

took baby in, he's teething. because he wont leave his ear alone.
    there is a nerve from the teeth to the ear and pain may radiate from one to the other.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:08 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Funny you should say teeth.. I need my wisdom teeth pulled. I've been putting it off because of the holidays and now well... I'm just scared :(
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 9:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I wouldn't be too scared. but then again I may be abnormal. i had all 4 pulled at one time felt ok until dry socket set in. clove soaked gauze fixed That right up.

they were impacted and it's why I have crooked upper front teeth. but they are not so bad that braces would fix it. IMHO if you need it done- get it done
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I need two surgically removed I've always hated going to the dentist and I didn't get my first cavity until I was 24. Lol
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I was going to say either teeth or allergies. For a couple of years I had ear pain during the winter and had to take Claritin every day to keep it away. It was only during the winter.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• It's probably because of your teeth. When my upper wisdoms were trying to grow farther in, I had constant what I thought were ear infections. Got the teeth pulled, ears were fine. Could be your jaw out of place too but I doubt it. There's a nerve that runs through there that all of that affects.
    Anonymous

• Good answers here. I'd think it is the teeth but otherwise the advice to see an ENT is right.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:22 PM on Jan. 30, 2013