Family Car?

So my husband wants his BMW 328i or a Mercedes class 250 sedan! Just double checking in your books are these consider family car? We don't have kids yet but we are working on it.

Any comments gladly appreciated!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Jan. 30, 2013 in Relationships

• A BMW 3 series is a small car but it can hold a kid or two. You missed which class Mercedes that he wants but considering he is looking at a 3 series in the BMW I am thinking its a C series. That is a smaller car but will fit a kid or two comfortably. I would choose the Mercedes as BMW has a bad reputation for needing a lot of costly repairs.
    CuriousArentYa

Answer by CuriousArentYa at 9:17 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• They are not cheap cars I will say that. I would tell him he can have one as long as you get your minivan or SUV when the kids start rolling in.

Answer by louise2 at 9:18 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• "WE" don't have kids.
    So one or the other of you have kids? You just don't have kids together?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:19 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• If you don't have kids why are you here? This is a site for MOMS, not random people thinking they need car advice.
    Anonymous

• It's also for people ttc or trying to adopt.
    CuriousArentYa

Answer by CuriousArentYa at 9:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• She said they don't have kids yet, but that they're working on it, so I took it to mean that she's trying to get pregnant.
    OP, I personally wouldn't want that for a family car. It's just too small, IMO. Kids come with so much stuff, especially when they're itty bitty.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:08 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• That was a very bad response. How could you just assume that I wasnt a mother. Dont you think by any chance that I lost my child (which I did) and that sometimes even if you have a baby the first time then not all but some have problems trying to conceive again? So in the case of my cousin just like yesterday she delivered a baby and unfortunately that sweet baby died after having an operation and Im assuming that in your case that doesnt count that she is a mother and my case too?  I didnt expect this answer at all and I dont like conflict but you should be more sensitive because you never know what is behind courtains.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• They are the smaller versions but both great cars and safe. They are both really expensive to get repaired. : ) I'd go for the Mercedes!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:15 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• A family car? No, but does his car need to be the family car? My husband has a Porsche he drives - definitely not a "family car" but it's okay. I have a sedan to drive when I have 1-2 kids and then we have an SUV when I have all 5 of the kids.

Answer by missanc at 7:02 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• Neither of those cars would be my first pick.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 31, 2013