Having a separate business line a good idea?

Do you have a home/cell number and a business line or do you just use your home/cell number? I'm thinking about getting a business only cell phone because I'm losing some of my calls on my home/cell..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Jan. 30, 2013 in Money & Work

• You can use Google Voice. It's free, just a quick addon download. You get to choose from a large list of available numbers. Hint - you can find a number that spells something (205-call-Tom) You can set the option to have calls to that number forwarded to your personal cell or landline. PLUS, it allows your voicemails to be recorded permanently online so that you can archive any you need to for legal or sentimental reasons. No need to worry about going over some voicemail limit. Google has lots of cool products, just check them out. I also love Google Drive. It's a free online backup for all your files. You can access a file from anywhere there's internet. No more worries about losing files from computer crashes.

http://www.google.com/intl/en/about/products/

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:22 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• We have two cell phones. My husband's is our business line, and there are only a couple of people who call him for personal calls.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:52 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• I only use my iphone, no land line. But I don't use it specifically for business but I could.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:11 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• We have a land line, each have a cell phone, and I have a business line for work. It is a pain in the butt to walk around my house carrying 2 phones so that I don't miss a call otherwise I am sprinting to get to the phone before the machine picks it up.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:50 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• We have three cell phones, one is DH's personal, one is my personal, and one is for the business (landlord) and DH usually has it. Our tenants all have all 3 numbers but are told to only use the personal ones in an emergency and if they abuse that they are blocked from the personal ones.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:14 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• It is a good idea for me , can be a business expense if you keep them separate .
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 31, 2013