Foot tattoo?

Ok so i just got a tattoo on my foot on monday.
Monday night i did fine. Tuesday i could barely walk etc.
It was swollen tuesday. But, as of today its still pretty swollen and its actually numb. :(
Wandering if its normal... :(

williams81209

Asked by williams81209 at 10:24 PM on Jan. 30, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• I don't really know DDIL has one on each foot and she said they hurt the worst and healed the slowest.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:27 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• i have one on my back. Its not really hurting like im pushing on it and the only thing that is hurting is the one nerve. But, other than that i cant really feel it. I can barely bend my toes its so swollen
    williams81209

Comment by williams81209 (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• maybe put an ice pack on it.
    can you post a pic?
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 10:37 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

•  

Compared to my other foot this is really swollen. :(

williams81209

Comment by williams81209 (original poster) at 10:44 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• It wouldn't hurt to get your foot looked at, just to be safe, but it's probably normal. There are a lot of shallow nerve endings in the foot. Tats hurt worse and heal more slowly on bony body parts.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• It's cute, call the tattoo shop and ask if it's normal. I would try to keep it up with an ice pack and hopefully it will be normal in a day or so.
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• If i elevate my foot whenever i put it down it feels like the blood rushes back down to my foot and i can feel it pounding. :(
    Then i cant walk.
    williams81209

Comment by williams81209 (original poster) at 10:51 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• when I got mine on my ankle- it was swollen and red for 2 or 3 days. It's probably normal for feet to do that
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:51 PM on Jan. 30, 2013

• Hmmm... I don't know. But I will tell you the signs of infection so you can keep an eye out for those. Look for a fever, red streaks up the leg, towards the heart, really red and hot to the touch where the tattoo is.

I would call the tattoo artist and ask his/her advice. If you don't get any real answers...call your doctor.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:39 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• try ice, elevation and anti-inflammatories. I also second contacting the tattoo artist to get their advice and keeping an eye out for infection.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:57 AM on Jan. 31, 2013