I have determined that I'm screwed up in the head.

I like people, in general. But I don't get them, or I'm off-putting, or I smell weird or something because I don't connect with anybody. The last real friend I had, who I thought I understood & he understood me & I had fun around, was in high school. & he spread rumors that I was having nasty sex with him, so there's that. I hate being lonely all the time. I'm just being whiney, really. I feel like that's all I do on here, sorry, it's just that I don't have any other outlet. Thank you for putting up with the cry-baby ness!

So, to make a question, how are you & your mental health doing?

KA91

Asked by KA91 at 12:03 AM on Jan. 31, 2013 in Relationships

• I guess my main problem is that too many people take my trust and kindness for stupidity.

Too many people do not realize a gentle and caring heart does not mean i have doormat tattooed across my forehead- or back for that matter.

I understand wanting a GF. But when you have certain standards it is difficult. I have one IRL friend. She moved across country to provide for her son. I have died a little bit everyday for almost two years.

But she is mine and will come for a visit in a few weeks. And my heart will soar again.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:18 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• Much better now! Received some GREAT news tonight!

Love you KA! You'll find that special someone, you'll see. :)
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:08 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• mentally i am fine- socially i am retarded
    Because as evidenced here in the past hour I am that fucking dork that defends the indefensible
    so i am more deeply hurt by their idiotic actions. i am the twit that actually believed in the true inner goodness of everyone.

my issue is that i get burned SO many times i think all people are assholes because so many people have proven themselves to be.

i have been accused of being a romantic. it could be that i am actually stupid enough to believe that everyone has my same standards and morals. which are nothing more than be nice you fucking bitch.

it's a no wonder i get burned so often.
    on a side note- have you ever looked up the description of a sag?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:09 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• Don't let it get you down girl.... I've lived here for going on twenty years now and have only met two girl friends I have connected with. One moved away and I've never heard from her again and one stopped talking to me after my divorce because she didn't trust her husband around me. Ugh, ya know.... who needs that shit? I have friends and family from my home. This isn't my home.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:18 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• I hope you find a good friend soon. My best friend lives in WA state and I moved to TX so it is difficult but we talk on the phone. M-avi that woman is a jerk but I had friends that fell to the wayside after divorce. Ballad & Feral hope you feel better soon. There are people on here that can be difficult.
    As for my mental health, I am stressed to the point that it feels that life is just too damn hard right now.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:23 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• Sagitarius
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:33 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• Tis okay KA. The thing is, I really liked this couple. Their kids were around my kids' ages, so we had a lot of good times together. She was so family oriented and into the whole marriage stuff. She said she couldn't be friends with me because she didn't trust the family being friends with a single woman.... WTF? I stewed over it for a couple years, even tried to make contact with her. Our kids are still friends and I still see the kids quite often. I've even saw her husband out shopping, but never her. Whatever......
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:42 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• I've been better. I think it was me Feralxat was talking about defending. I hope not, but it appears that way. I said something I shouldn't have, not having a clue that I shouldn't have said it because I was asking an honest to God question, and nobody believes me. So now I'm wide awake in the middle of the f***ing night, can't sleep, and I feel as if I've lost another set of friends I was really starting to have fun with and be glad to talk to each day. My boyfriend thinks I'm insane, crying my eyes out over an Internet chat room. I can't believe how much it hurts.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:18 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• My mental health is on a bit of a roller coaster at the moment. I am dealing with losing my dad, my mother being a twit (read an a where that i is) and trying to make sure my kids aren't about to break down. The hard part is I don't really have many friends either. Most of the ones I do have are guys and either they don't want to hang out with me for fear of "damaging my reputation" (as if i really care about that) or my hubby doesn't want me hanging around them because of jealousy. It sucks, but I know I'll get through it. I'm just not promising I won't snap on someone at some point.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• Okay I am reading this a week later. Confusing! I am mentally stable. My boob hurts. I dont have any good real girl friends either.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:25 AM on Feb. 7, 2013