Do you know what's in your food? Shocking!

Some foods you'd think would be all-natural and good for you are actually processed in chemicals that are very bad for you. For example, some soy products are processed with hexane, a gasoline byproduct and neurotoxin.

http://www.cornucopia.org/2010/11/hexane-soy/

hellokittykat

Asked by hellokittykat at 12:51 AM on Jan. 31, 2013 in Food & Drink

• http://www.feingold.org/

my favorite is the food dyes...coal tar and petroleum .... yummy

and let us not forget
    artificial vanilla ...paper plant waste products 

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:00 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• General rules - if it's packaged and has more than 3 ingredients on the label, it's not really food anymore (with possible exceptions for salad mix and pre-cut fresh veggie mixes). If you didn't cook it the first time yourself, it's not really food anymore.

Follow those two rules, and you don't have to worry nearly as much about what's in it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:56 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• I'm with PMS. I'm still alive and I'm still hungry so for the most part I don't worry about every little thing a food contains.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:55 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• Try to eat food that is as close to its natural form as possible. About the only processed stuff I buy is chips. This year I started making my own salad dressings. It does take time but not as much as I always think it is going to take.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 12:26 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• I don't want to know, so I think I'll go back to burying my head in the sand, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:53 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• take a look at their organic milk ratings. For me, some of them are shocking.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:50 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• I try to eat as natural as possible. I'm not gonna obsess about some chemicals in my food, it's no way to live, IMHO. I love cooking, I cook 90% of my meals from scratch, but I do use some processed products.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• i know
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:13 PM on Feb. 2, 2013