Valentine Boxes

1st grade DD came home with a note yesterday from school talking about the Valentine's Day party, Valentine's Day cards, and how we can make Valentine boxes for the cards. Every year previous (Kindergarten and 3 years of pre-school), they have just decorated white paper bags at school for the classmates to put their cards in...and I am so excited that we get to make a box!

She's already said she wants to do a kitty box and I've done some searches and pretty much know what we are going to do, but wondering if anyone here has ever taken a picture of boxes they've done with their kids to share...

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 6:41 AM on Jan. 31, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No pics, but the last year of elementary my dd's class had a contest on the most unique box. My husband helped her rig up blinking lights on the box - she won. We usually started by covering them with white contact paper to cover the logos, then a few layers of colored tissue then layered on the decorations. Make sure to add some bling - rhinestones, sequins, etc!

Answer by missanc at 6:46 AM on Jan. 31, 2013