Day care center concern/question. Can you tell me if I'm overreacting

I hope this makes sense. I am going to try my hardest to make it short but hope it's clear. I pay $386 per week for my 7 month old at daycare. He is in a daycare center, the room has 8 infants. We have to send premixed bottles every morning that are labeled with the date and name. Has anyone had to send bottles that are already mixed? I asked if I could send it in a container and they can pour it into a bottle so I am not sending 4-5 bottles a day. She said no, it has to be in a bottle. So, whatever, I have been doing that. Well today I sent 4 premixed-6 ounce bottles. I dropped my 7 month old off at 8 am and picked him up at 2:20 pm. When I got there all of his premixed bottles were gone but he only ate 7 ounces according to the sheet. How could this be? I didn't notice it til I left or I would have asked. If they feed out of a bottle and he only eats say 2 ounces do they have to pour out the rest? Seems wasteful to me. Cont.

a_and_j_momma

Asked by a_and_j_momma at 12:27 AM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't see the diaper question, they change every 2 hours also, but if they need changed beforehand they change them. There are 8 children allowed per room and two teachers in each room, but they are not to capacity right now. So there are 2 teachers to 6 children right now. I think they should be changed whether the two hours is up, my daughter says that is when they have to be changed, not the only time to change them.
    Pattyeb12

Answer by Pattyeb12 at 12:49 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• i think 386 a week is way too much, but i guess it depends on where you live... i live in the CA bay area, where it is by no means cheap to live and i only have to pay 225 a week!

but yes once you start a bottle you arent supposed to refrigerate it if they dont use it all at once! but i would definitely ask on monday
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:30 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Yes the formula goes bad after an hour...its milk based..you wouldn't drink milk after it had been sitting out an hour would you? That is a waste tho...its too bad it has to be premixed because even then its supposed to be used within 2 hours or refrigerated. They should make it when hes hungry so theyre not throwing it away. youll spend as much every week on formula as you do daycare,
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:31 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• cont....So, the last 2 weeks I have noticed that my son has started getting diaper rash. In his 7 months he has never had diaper rash. I was curious so I looked at his daily tracking sheets and noticed he is changed every 2 hours. But, I think it's odd that he only poops right before that 2 hour mark. He's never had a wet diaper change at say 3 pm and a bm diaper at 3:30, it's always on the 2 hour mark. So, yesterday when I went to go pick him up I was talking to him and the lady said, let me check him Morgan, I just changed him but let me check. So, she did and he was poopy. I told her how I felt, that she must've known he did something and was just waiting for the 2 hours to be up or else she wouldn't have rushed over when I got there. I also told the director my suspeciions. Does that seem odd to anyone else?
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:31 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• it sux but thats daycare...they do everything at the 2 hour mark it seems. i used to work in daycare, i know
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:32 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• caliesmommie-it is refrigerated so that's why I was wondering why they would be pouring it out maybe. I wasn't sure if it's a licensing thing if the child ate anything out of the bottle if they had to throw the rest out maybe. But, he was only there for 6 hours and ate 4 bottles but only ate 7 ounces.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:32 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• dammit, I misspelled something. Sorry, I hate that
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:33 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• yeah i think they're just being lazy about the diapers. very unprofessional, my daycare always changes the diapers right before im scheduled to get there, but i guess if your LO goes to an actual center its different, my LO goes to daycare in a home and there are only 5 kids there, and only 3 in diapers
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:35 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• i think they are wasting a lot of stuff and if they KNOW that your baby pooped but is waiting to change his diaper then thats why hes getting diaper rash. ugh thats so dumb. i hate that. thats why im not putting my kids in daycare.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 12:38 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Well the reason I'm most concerned with the bottle thing is it says:

9:00 4oz-1st bottle
    10:00 2 oz-1st bottle
    12:30-refused
    1:30 3 oz-2nd bottle

naps 11:00-12:15
    2:20 (which he was not asleep when I got there, he was in the exersaucer)

Diaper changes
    9:30 wet
    12:15 wet
    2:10, the 2 is written over with 1 wet/bm

I kind of feel they are falsifying the list b/c I am tracking it now. I doubt they changed him at 1:10, I think it was really 2:10 b/c that's closer to that 2 hour mark, like I was saying
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 12:40 AM on Feb. 14, 2009