What are these sharp pains in my very low abdomen and croch?

I am 37 weeks pregnant and have been having sharp pains in my lower abdomen and croch is it my cervix dialating or what?

angelbug844

Asked by angelbug844 at 12:36 AM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your ligaments are stretching and your pelvic bones are stretching. i had that for like 5 weeks. it sucks but u get used to it...kinda. good luck!
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 12:39 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• and it doesnt really mean your dialating
    Keeely07

• Round ligament pain. Basically your muscles are stretching to prepare for labor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I had that with my first pregnancy. Majority of the time it was my son punching me or his head pressing down. As your baby drops and gets into position for delivery you get all sorts of wonderful (read: horrible) sensations. They can change position a lot in the last few weeks and with limited room they push on your birth canal a lot.
    afeggan

Answer by afeggan at 12:46 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Thats nothing! try touching your pubic bone . Take your finger and just push lightly you dont notice this until you do that. Tell me how that feels???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• holy cow anon! you aren't kidding! that freaking hurts. lol, i never noticed that. it probably is round ligament pain but my doc also told me that it could be dialations pain. pretty much everything down there is stretching and widening and getting ready for a baby to pass through. baths might help with the pain.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:31 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• It felt normal until i stopped then it felt like there was alot of pressure. i have a pain in my lower right abdomen about every twenty minutes then my back feels like my hips are squeezing into my spine :)
    angelbug844

Answer by angelbug844 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• and my doctor said on monday that i was already dialated to a 1 :)
    angelbug844

Answer by angelbug844 at 10:16 PM on Feb. 14, 2009