i hope this doesn't sound rude. i am curious!!!!!

i already have a beautiful boy and i am trying for a lil girl is there any certain way to do it to have a girl i know it sounds silly but you never know. so if anyone knows any tricks let me know please no neg. comments thank you.

magical_mommy

Asked by magical_mommy at 1:04 AM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• i have two websites for you, one is a cafemom group and one isnt:

cafemom group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/22322

non cafemom site: www.in-gender.com

:] im going to try to TTC a girl starting next month!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:05 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• This probably isnt true, but I heard if you eat a lot of fruit you will be more able to have a girl, or the chances are higher. Thats probably not true...
    Miss.KelliAdams

Answer by Miss.KelliAdams at 1:06 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I know that if you are willing to pay good money, you could do an in-vitro thingy and you determine the sex of the baby. They also have some that cost more but you can actually decide which features the baby gets from the mom and the dad (creepy). I don't know why someone would want to choose what their baby looks like but I can understand someone who wants to choose the sex of their baby.
    amberlynsky

Answer by amberlynsky at 1:11 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• amberlyn is right, that procedure is called IVF with PGD, which i will consider if my next child is a boy, however in San Francisco it costs 16 thousand so im not sure when i would come up with the money ;]
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:13 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Taking magnesium, calcium and cranberry pills are supposed to increase your chances of having a girl I guess. Check out the group on Cafemom called "Choose the sex of your next baby". There are many different methods to look into. I was going to do the O+12 method for conceiving a girl, so you can research that as well.

I already have a daughter, but I want another one!
    emilyschildcare

Answer by emilyschildcare at 3:36 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• the Chinese gender calender is 89-93% accurate depending on who you ask/which website you visit. It was true for me and my MIL, but make sure you calcuate your LUNAR age and the lunar month, they run on a different calender then us (we have the Georgian calendar)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:00 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• If you want a girl you should have sex towards the begining of your fertile days and abstain right around ovulation. I flipped that method to get my son! =) MY mom used it too successfully
    thesublimelife

Answer by thesublimelife at 8:48 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• thesublimelife is right... we have 3, boy, girl, boy. worked everytime.
    pat7879

Answer by pat7879 at 10:50 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Yes that is right^^ sex two days before ovulation for a girl and the day of ovulation for a boy. It's called the shettles method google it and you can get all the instructions there is also a book called how to choose the sex of your baby.
    mommy2tu

Answer by mommy2tu at 11:41 PM on Feb. 14, 2009