Do you put pictures of your kids on your facebook?

im curious... i do.

a friend of mine just had a baby. she flat out refuses to put any pictures of her baby on facebook, she created a page for only close friends/family and asked them all not to share or tag themselves in the pics or upload their own pics of her baby.

okay, i totally get wanting to protect your child on the internet.

but what i dont understand is, she has no problem sharing with all of us where she lives, works, does day in & day out, and pictures of herself/husband. if we already know this information how exactly is her child anymore protected by not having photos on the internet?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 10:25 AM on Jan. 31, 2013 in Technology

• I do too, but of course my kids are adults, but a lot of people feel the same way as your friend, but there are a lot of pedophiles out there lurking.....maybe this is why....

Answer by older at 10:28 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• I do, the majority of my pictures are not public so, I don't panic about such things.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:29 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• right and i totally understand that. but like i said she already made it known to all of us that she had her baby, so if a pedophile is lurking they will know that she does have a child, even if they can't see a physical picture of the child.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 10:29 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• tnm, I see what you mean, but they thrive on seeing the actual picture

Answer by older at 10:31 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• NONE of my pictures are "public" and I usually only specify "My friends" and not "friends of friends" unless I tag people in the pics... I think my kids are cute though and of course want to share them with family and friends :D My kids have also been in the paper a few times (my cousin is a photographer and works for our local paper lol) so its not like the whole town doesn't know what they look like already!
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 10:31 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• I share tons of DD's pics on FB, but all of her pics are set to PRIVATE too, so only my friends see them, unless I tag a friend.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:34 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• when I had facebook I didnt, I dont even post pics of my kids on my profile here I do every once in a while share a photo of them. I'm a bit paranoid
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:36 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• older is correct, plus nothing is ever private.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:38 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• I have my facebook set to private, and the only person who would grab my pics has her facebook set to private as well. Besides that, I'm not worried about their images being online. I'm not buying the idea that all the big bad scary people live in my computer, while everyone who doesn't live in the computer are perfectly safe.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:46 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• all of my pictures are private, so yes i do. its the easiest way to share them with far away family & friends.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:47 AM on Jan. 31, 2013