Pregnant: How did you tell your family that you are pregnant? parents? siblings? aunts uncles?

Just curious how everyone told their families they were pregnant...

i am pregnant and plan to tell our parents by giving them a calender and when they get to Oct they will see a picture of my and my husband with a preg test that says "Were Pregnant!" on the picture!

& i got charm braclets for my mother and mother-in-law that say nana & grandma!

also i plan to put the sonogram picture in a frame for them.

& im put a saying in a frame for them that says...

The only thing
better than having
you as my
MOM & DAD
is my children having
you as their
NANA & PAPA

&

The only thing
better than having
you as my
Mom & Dad
is my children having
you as their
Grandma & Grandpa

Can you tell its the first grandbaby on both sides! lol

futurebabykar

Asked by futurebabykar at 11:01 AM on Jan. 31, 2013 in Pregnancy

• i LOVE your idea!

When my kids dad and I told his mom she offered to pay for an abortion on my first and then on my 2nd said "you're actually keeping that thing? how do you know its yours?"

My mom was upset because I was the only child going places and she thought having a child would affect me, (which it didnt) then was happy about my 2nd.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:03 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• I was never able to wait to tell anyone. I blurted out "I'm pregnant!" both times.

DH on the other hand was a bit more creative. He told his family that he broke my typewriter. When they would give him a confused look, he'd tell them I was missing a period.

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:07 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• sorry to hear about the in-law :(

i am nervouse about my mother inlaw because she has voiced several several times that shes not ready to be a grandmother because shes to young :/ - but were not going to let it stop us from being happy! :)

But i know that my parents and father in law will be happy for us... im sure they will be nervous as we are the first kids to have a baby and thats a little scary but i know that my mom especially will be extactic and start buying things left and right... just like she did for my wedding and is doing now for my sisters wedding!! guess i will have an 11 month old at my sisters wedding!! :) lol
    futurebabykar

Comment by futurebabykar (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Jan. 31, 2013

• I told my Mom and she told everyone else.. It is called the family grape vine.

Answer by louise2 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• After 12 weeks I said I am 12 weeks pregnant. Exciting.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:11 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• I just told them. I was so excited I couldn't wait to do anything creative! My first was the first grandbaby on my side. My 4th was my husband's first and my husband is the only boy from his family (3 sisters) - so it was a big big deal.

Answer by missanc at 4:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• That is the sweetest idea I have heard of, excellent ideas and it will be something they can remember forever. Congrats on the pregnancy.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 9:12 AM on Feb. 3, 2013