Have you ever gone through the puking nightmare??

So I am on Cafemom and all the sudden I hear my 5 year old daughter coughing and crying, I run upstairs and she starts throwing up everywhere, so fast I couldn't even get her to the bathroom or trashcan. I cleaned up the mattress, sheets, her hair etc and soothed her to sleep. 30 mins later happened all over again, some of it managed to get in the trashcan, but still big mess of blankets, and pjs and socks. Oh gosh now I soothed her to sleep again, feel so bad for her. Ever gone through the nightmare of this and cleaning puke? Guess it goes with the mom terrority lol!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Feb. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Try three kids under two, and yourself. In October my 19 month old got it along with the poops, I was taking him for well child and he let looose in the car! So he was running around with stinky pants and no shirt and a stinky jacket (I stole a garbage bag for his nasty shirt) at the doctor's office. Then his 8 month old twins got it, the smaller one got it for the longest time and had the worst diarrhea. I got it in the middle somewhere and spent one whole night awake and barfing.

I quickly learned a trick. I piled up layers of towels and garbage bags on the cribs and my bed (where toddler sleeps). I place towels in strategic locations. That way if they barfed in bed, I would just whip off a layer, rinse off the garbage bag and let it air dry and toss the barfy towel in the wash. If I could, I'd catch them barfing and catch it in a towel. This saved me much clean up time!
    mommyonhawaii

Answer by mommyonhawaii at 1:14 PM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Try times 2 kids at the same time.
    My middle kids were like 5 months and 18 months and my son woke up crying and I checked on him. He said he was okay. 10 minutes later he started crying again really hard and a few minutes later he started screaming that he threw up so I got him up, cleaned him, changed him and stripped the bed. He laid on the living room floor over a towel (our standard procedure for throwing up). Every 20 minutes on the dot he would throw up again. Then after 2 hours the baby started throwing up. So literally every 10 minutes one or the other was throwing up. I was so happy my oldest didn't wake up.
    It went on with the 2 of them for 2 hours and then my son stopped but the baby kept throwing up. My husband got home an hour later (I had been cleaning up throw up for 5 hours by then) and he took over and I went to bed.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:42 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Oh yeah, several times. Once it was after my oldest had drank fruit juice and she puked all over the carpet! The red stain was there until we replaced the carpet years later. Then when she was 10 she almost made it to the bathroom and ended up puking right in front of the toilet all over the floor and bath mat. I almost puke every time I have to clean that stuff up. Even just hearing it makes me sick. This year so far only one kid has been sick like that and she made it to the bathroom or in the trashcan each time. It was still gross emptying the trashcan though. I hope your daughter feels better soon, and I hope you'll both be able to sleep the rest of the night.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:57 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• LOL I still remember the night my son (now 11) was about 3 and puked right in his toybox. Oh was that ever a joy to clean up. Uhhh I need out of this question...not setting well on 7 week pregnant tummy.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:12 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• My son (whos 3) isnt much of a puker when hes sick..he poops..alot. Last time he was sick he woke up crying, and my SO went into his room and there was poop from one end to the other. It was SO gross. My son felt AWFUL about it, he was crying and saying "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry!". I was crying because I felt bad.. UGH.. what a mess!
    MistyAB

Answer by MistyAB at 9:15 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Yes and at the same age. The stomache virus bug hits the schools big time. The laundry and washing of the carpets.I feel for you.Hope your child feels better......
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 9:25 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• Lol...my daughter has never thrown up, but I worked in health care doing the vomit clean up with adults...omg. It is awful. I hope you don't get whatever she has because I am convinced having to take care of a sick child when you're sicker than a dog is gods punishment for your every sin.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:45 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• yes ive been there! sucks my daughter just had 24 hr virus but as soon as hse even says or any of them say they dont feel good i put bathroom garbage can with plastic bags in it right next to their beds and usually their good with it then just grab bag and take outside. im bad with puke cant watch it be done or even hear it so...
    nibsmommy

Answer by nibsmommy at 10:23 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• oh yea my 3 year old was puking and my 4 year old is really disgusted. and at bed time the 4 year old says "what if Jessie throws up again?" I said don't worry she has her bucket. about 5 minutes Tara starts screaming her head off. I'm thinking oh great Jessie is throwing up again. I go up there and Tara has vomit all over the place. It was a fun weekend let me tell you. and then on monday after I ended up getting it.
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 10:32 AM on Feb. 14, 2009

• I am soooo barf-o-phobic (there's actually a real term for that: emetophobic). I can't handle hearing it, seeing it or even being around someone who thinks they might do it. Here's my nightmare: I was driving home from work (about a 20 mile drive) with my 18 month old in the back in her car seat. All of a sudden out of nowhere, her eyes roll up and close and allll this puke s-l-o-w-l-y comes out. There was a TON of it. Then she starts crying; she was totally terrified. I freak out (not good when you're on the freeway), roll down windows, turn on the a/c full blast and try to breathe. Ever tried cleaning up puke on a car seat? She puked 5 more times that day. Then DH got it two days later. GROSS.
    LuvMyChloe

Answer by LuvMyChloe at 10:43 AM on Feb. 14, 2009