What is the top news story in your area?

Ours is about some car chase ending in Utahs border. I think our news stations screwed up. The important stories they keep below everything and the not so important stories like something about the new ipad, or dung bugs, are at the stop stories of the day.

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 31, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• The child hostage situation and the damage from yesterday's severe weather. Press conference on the hostage situation is scheduled for 5 pm today. So sad, that poor kid.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 2:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• A certain legislator has submitted legislation that would require drug dealers to buy a tax stamp and pay $50.00 per ounce of cocaine and $3.50 per ounce of pot. Other drugs were not covered as this is designed to just open the door.

Now these drugs are illegal in my state so I am sure dealers are going to rush right out to get these stamps.
    But let's say for arguement that they did. Wouldthis make the drugs legal since the had the government endorcement of the tax stamp?

I swear I have no clue why these people get elected and why we pay them.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• -After 17 years in Canon City, the Dinosaur Depot Museum says they will close their doors in March
    -Buying baby ormula online from strangers?
    -Body of pilot, Air Force Academy grad found in Adriatic Sea (Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs)
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:37 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• High winds and flooding
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:53 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• -unseen dangers in dry lake beds (we're already on water rationing so this summer is gonna be pretty terrible).
    -narcotics agents dismantled a huge meth ring
    -trial of guy who allegedly murdered his gf's 2 year old in an apartment complex down the street from my house several years ago
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:15 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• still the little boy who had been kidnapped off the bus, scary stuff. And of course the weather, but it really isn't anything major, they just are trying to 'WISH" a storm, lol
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 3:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• A local 5th grader being tied to his chair 4 days in a row.

http://www.kmph.com/story/20878809/student-tied-to-classroom-chair-teacher-accused

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:48 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• weather
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• I just looked it up on our local news page: Assemblyman Brooks released from hospital.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:47 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 7:43 PM on Jan. 31, 2013