Fairy tales...

This may sound like a silly question but I just bought Thumbalina for my daughter and we watched it and I'm confused.
Was Thumbalina always a fairy that just didn't have wings or was she just a tiny person and was turned into a fairy after she married the prince.
I Googled the story and found many variations of it but none of them seemed to answer this very simple question.
Would like to hear your ideas and take on this classic story, just for shits and giggles.

AnonNdrag

Asked by AnonNdrag at 7:05 PM on Jan. 31, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I always figured she was a fairy without wings... She was born from a flower, after all!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 7:31 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• My assumption (based entirely on the read along record and book I had when I was little) was that the "thumb" people were just a whole different type of fairy tale race -like elves, gnomes, fairies, brownies, etc. She didn't have wings, then she had wings, but she was still a whatever they were.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:01 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• In the movie she was a human that was small and became a fairy when she married the prince. In the classic story if I remember correctly she was born from a flower and was a "thumb" which is a type of mythical creature and again became a fairy when she married the prince. In neither story was she a fairy at first only after she married the prince did she become one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on Feb. 1, 2013

• A fairy that got her wings. That is what I thought.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2013