Is this normal?

I realized today that my would-be anniversary is coming up. Had my ex-husband not left me 3 yrs ago, we would have been married for 15 yrs on that would-be anniversary. I'm over him and have moved on. The thing that I'm most upset about is that it would have been 15 yrs of being married. I don't want to be married to him at all. Sure, there are things that I miss about him. But at the end of the day, I am so very glad I am no longer married to him. I'm ticked off at myself for remembering that date is coming up and for spending the day torturing myself with a trip down memory lane and full of what could have been. ESPECIALLY since I do NOT want to be with him anymore.
Is it normal for me to feel this way? Will that date forever haunt me?

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 7:23 PM on Jan. 31, 2013 in Relationships

• Is it hurting as much as it did last year, or the year before?
    I think the hurt will fade. I just hope you will not let it hurt you for more then a day. Then shake it off and resume your life. Please. He is not worth it.

Answer by louise2 at 7:28 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• I've been divorced for over 20 years and still, to the day, when Nov 5th rolls around it pops into my head. It doesn't bother me at all, doesn't make me feel sad because it's just a fleeting thought, but it still pops up lol
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:39 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• I think it's normal, it was a big day in your life, even if it was in the past, you will prob always remember it
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• I think it is normal. One year you will realize you forgot the date.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 8:06 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• Good point. The hurt has for sure faded.
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• I would think it is normal.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:07 PM on Jan. 31, 2013