Arkansas passes 'Human Heartbeat Protection Act."

I usually don't concern myself with politics but I saw this on Facebook and it infuriates me. I live in Arkansas and I'm seriously disappointed in the Senate. Doesn't it go to the Governor after the Senate? I seriously hope this is overturned. They can't outlaw abortion all together so now they're trying to seriously limit it? Heartbeat can be detected at what, five weeks? Some women don't even know they're pregnant at that time!

Ugh. I'm losing all faith in humanity.

SaraD1989

Asked by SaraD1989 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 31, 2013 in General Parenting

• Very disappointing. Hopefully these laws could be challenged later at a Federal level and exposed as the sham it is. A way of taking away a reproductive right.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2013

• I believe that if their is a heartbeat or any sign of human life then their is a baby and it should not be terminated. All things deserve to live. Adoption can be that option.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 2:46 AM on Feb. 2, 2013

• I don't think I would last long in Arkansas with the way they think.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:33 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• Whats funny is it's really only that narrow minded in the smaller cities. I'm from Fayetteville and it's not the prevalent up there.
    SaraD1989

Comment by SaraD1989 (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2013

• I am sure some are thrilled with this although teen pregnancy and foster care numbers will be horrid and inbreeding will be even more known about
    Anonymous

• I agree 100%. A heartbeat means life,you are killing a baby.
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 6:49 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• good for them!
    LilyFlair

Answer by LilyFlair at 9:15 PM on Feb. 5, 2013

• I believe it's my uterus, and therefore none of your business.
    SaraD1989

Comment by SaraD1989 (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Feb. 6, 2013

• North Dakota just passes personhood. This country is headed for the toilet. Women should all just move to Sweden.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:27 AM on Feb. 9, 2013